What's new

Aperion Center speaker news (1 Viewer)

Mitch_J

Stunt Coordinator
I'm considering a new set of speakers and being very happy with the Aperion S-12 I considered going back to Aperion. I had heard that they were planning on coming out with a new center speaker to go with their Intimus 522D series. This is what I got back from them.

Sounds like something I am interested in. Any comments?
Talk among yourselves.

jim_W

Stunt Coordinator
I already have this center ordered, along with (2) powered towers and 522 monitor rears, matching stands and Onkyo sr601, scheduled to ship June 1 (this is by my request, as the space these will be in isn't finished yet). This will be my first purchase from Aperion, and I am hoping I will enjoy their speakers as much as I have enjoyed their customer service thus far.

BrianAe

Second Unit
Mitch_J,

I am very happy with my Aperion setup which I have had for almost 2 years. You can search my posts for some detailed comments on their strengths and weaknesses. I am somewhat excited about the new center. However, to be perfectly honest, I like the existing center. It gives a perfectly seemless sound stage across the front since it is really the same speaker as the mains and does the same great job as their monitor in every respect.

What I am really excited about is the dipole/bipole surrounds that they are coming out with in July. I will almost definitly be upgrading my surrounds to those and using my current Aperion monitors that are in the surrounds for a 2 channel setup.

-- Brian

Mitch_J

Stunt Coordinator
BrianAe
Now you have me waiting until July for the bipole/dipoles. I've been considering going that route when I upgrade my rear surrounds. I've seen your posts on Aperion here and from my limited experience with them, I'm inclined to agree with almost all of your statements. I have fine front towers (KLH) for now and some ole DBX satellites for the rear. I just need to find justification for purchasing new speakers.

Jim_W
Keep us informed as to how you like these speakers. I've not seen a consumer review of the powered towers. And you're right, Their customer service is top notch.

John Carlin

Auditioning
The new center is great. I've owned the 512 and 522 centers and agree that they do a great job. The new center just kicks things up a notch or two. It's got the same tweeter used in the 522s and power towers so timbre matching isn't an issue. The extra midwoofer and 4" midrange driver really make a difference. I've got it mated to a couple power towers and they all blend seamlessly. I'm excited about the bipole/dipoles too. I've preordered my pair and can't wait to get them. Aperion Audio doesn't make the best speakers in the world, but they're darn good ones. For the money you'd be hard pressed to do better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks