Aperion Audio 522D all around?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KevinWEL, Mar 22, 2003.

1. KevinWEL

KevinWEL Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking to start my first HT 6.1 system. I have a SVS 25-31PC to start. I have looked at B&W 601, Energy Encores, AxiomAudio M22ti/VP100/SQ4 and the Aperion 522Ds as speakers for it. Question is the Aperion uses the same speaker all around. Is this a good practice? Seems the center would be lacking. My budget is about $1000 for the 6 speakers. I may go used or blems to keep cost down.

2. Tommy Rodgers

Hi-
    I will be able to let you know in about 5 days- my 5.1 Aperion system should be here then. Actually, having identical speakers all around was one of the reasons I went with Aperion (great customer service, return policy, and excellent reviews besides), as I am into SACD multichannel and find this type of setup to be the most "seamless" in multichannel. I'll post my initial findings in a few days, but if anyone else has experience here I'd like to hear it.

BTW, I ordered my center channel to be vertically oriented (as oppossed to laying on its side) to further help sonic integration.

3. BrianAe

BrianAe Second Unit

I have had an Aperion 5.1 system for 5 months and I love it. The sound stage they produce for HT is truly amazing. I think they will go great with an SVS. What else can I say, they look even better in person if the "wife factor" is a concern. The only other thing to keep in mind is that they are not very sensitive so you do need some juice in your receiver/amp to drive them. Overall though, I'd say go for it.