What's new

Aperion Audio 522D all around? (1 Viewer)

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to start my first HT 6.1 system. I have a SVS 25-31PC to start. I have looked at B&W 601, Energy Encores, AxiomAudio M22ti/VP100/SQ4 and the Aperion 522Ds as speakers for it. Question is the Aperion uses the same speaker all around. Is this a good practice? Seems the center would be lacking. My budget is about $1000 for the 6 speakers. I may go used or blems to keep cost down.

Hi-
I will be able to let you know in about 5 days- my 5.1 Aperion system should be here then. Actually, having identical speakers all around was one of the reasons I went with Aperion (great customer service, return policy, and excellent reviews besides), as I am into SACD multichannel and find this type of setup to be the most "seamless" in multichannel. I'll post my initial findings in a few days, but if anyone else has experience here I'd like to hear it.

BTW, I ordered my center channel to be vertically oriented (as oppossed to laying on its side) to further help sonic integration.

BrianAe

Second Unit
I have had an Aperion 5.1 system for 5 months and I love it. The sound stage they produce for HT is truly amazing. I think they will go great with an SVS. What else can I say, they look even better in person if the "wife factor" is a concern. The only other thing to keep in mind is that they are not very sensitive so you do need some juice in your receiver/amp to drive them. Overall though, I'd say go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks