What's new

Ape Escape 2 ... good reviews! (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
I had a great time with the original game and you can't get enough monkeys!! :D

IGN gave it 9.0 and Gamespot gave it 8.4

Sounds like a lot of fun..

"The monkeys, however, are at the center of the game's madness, and the range of 300 monkeys is extraordinary, comprising a level of charm and character with which few games can compare. They're organized by a few criteria: Speed, hunger, alertness and aggressiveness. Each one has a personality type (speedy, lazy, silly, sad, lonely, etc.), name and a color of pants. The pant color indicates their personality too, be it speedy, grenade throwing, slow, or the like.

But it's the animations of each one, combined with their funny names that coin their special breed of charm. Beday is a monkey who sits atop a water fountain and he says I've been sitting here for three days!; Ookus is a monkey who resembles a certain Star Wars creator, and there's more: Monk Quixote ("I hate windmills"); Van ("Where did he Gogh?"); the dancing Pelvis ("He has just left the building"); Vincent (Royale with Cheese); Oozie ("Have you met me little friend); Ulysses ("I want another Banana Shake now"); MegaMonkey, Ape-01, Lunch, Scottie, Bones and hundreds more. The movie spoofs range far and wide, from Star Wars, Rocky, Pulp Fiction, Star Trek, Titanic, Natural Born Killers, to any Jackie Chan film, Peter Pan (Captain Ook who hates monkeys), Terminator, The Matrix (Neo says "There is no banana"), and Space Odyssey 2001 to name a few. Even videogames and TV shows come under fire, including spoofs on Mega Man and The Land of the Lost. In the modern age where collecting has grown tiring and even to a certain extent, old fashioned, Ape Escape 2 relishes in collecting, making it incredibly tempting, challenging and captivating."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks