What's new

APC line conditioner (1 Viewer)

BrianAe

Second Unit
I happened across an APC LINE-R line conditioner that I picked up for basically free when a local company went out of business. Here's a link: http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=67

How would this work in "conditioning the power" for a home theater? I know it's main application seems to be computers but what do you guys think?

Thomas J. Coyle III

Stunt Coordinator
Brian

This APC voltage stabilizer is very similar to the TrippLite voltage stabilizers that I am using. I have a 1200 watt unit for my pre-pro and power amp and a 600 watt model for my wide screen monitor. What you need to make sure of is the power rating of the stabilizer. The unit should be able to handle any expected loads plus have some head room to handle any transients. Besides voltage stabilization, these units are usually equipped with MOVs for transient protection and LC circuits to help reduce interference from high frequency line noise.
Regards,
TCIII

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks