What's new

Aotc-games?? (1 Viewer)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Hiya, Bob. To the best of my knowledge Lucasarts have opted not to do a Clones based game that follows the events of the movie. I think the Gameboy Advance is the only format getting a game that follows the plot & characters closely..

The desktop consoles are seeing spin offs, games set in and around the time of Episode II (Bounty Hunter, Jedi Starfighter...etc).

Dan

Ash Williams

Second Unit
I think Bounty Hunter is going to be one the, if not the best, Star Wars based game ever. The concept is what fans have been asking for for, well, forever. I wonder if Star Wars: Galaxies will have any tie-ins?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think that they were thinking of making a AotC game like they did for Phantom Menace (the PC and PSX game that sucked) but I'm not sure if there are any concrete plans. They have to make one, they always do.

They will probably make another Battle for Naboo type game, also.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The TPM game didn't sell very well, and most people didn't like it. I think they realize that the spinoff games are much better overall.

May LucasArts NEVER make another fighting game, shudder

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
They should try to make movie based games similar to the OT SW games for the SNES. Those were great, you could control various characters, fly all the best ships, re-enact all the classic moments from the films, and each level had the little cinema sequences to move the story along. If they could just make a game like that (with updated sound and 3D graphics) I'd be one happy camper!

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of SW games like rogue leader, Obi-Wan, Podracer, etc, but the problem is they get so repetitive, you are either flying the whole game or controlling the same character throughout. The SNES games had a bit of variety, and that's what made them so fun!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think Bounty Hunter is going to be one the, if not the best, Star Wars based game ever. The concept is what fans have been asking for for, well, forever. I wonder if Star Wars: Galaxies will have any tie-ins?

And what is that concept? I've read the press release, but I know nothing about the actual game play.

Ash Williams

Second Unit
And what is that concept? I've read the press release, but I know nothing about the actual game play.
Well from what I understand it's that you play Jango Fett and you go on various missions seeking bounty. Here is a excerpt from the press release at LucasArts.com:
"Because of Boba Fett's amazing legacy Star Wars fans have been requesting a bounty hunter game from LucasArts for years," says Tom Byron, director of product marketing for LucasArts. "Star Wars Bounty Hunter will make their wait well worth it, delivering the intense, suspense-filled experience players want and expect. Like his legendary son, Jango Fett is mysterious and powerful. He's the ultimate anti-hero who defines much of what's cool about Star Wars."
Gameplay emphasizes intense combat and physical action in the relentless pursuit of prey across six fantastic worlds and 18 levels. Jango Fett faces off against an onslaught of the worst scum in the universe, including crime lords, corrupt politicians, enemies of various species, and a ruthless competitor from his own mysterious past. He is equipped with an arsenal of powerful weapons such as dual blaster pistols, a flame thrower, missiles, and a distinctive jet pack soon to be familiar to Star Wars fans.
So, I guess the concept is playing a bounty hunter, something that not too many games have done. You can read the whole release by clicking the link, unless you have already read this one off the offical site.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I think Bounty Hunter is a first person shooter too. He may not be in Clones much, but he's certainly going to be the Darth Maul of the movie, in that he has a minor role but everyone is going to think he's damn cool. :D Good of Lucasarts to exploit this...
Dan

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I hope it is a FPS. If it is, I don't know how well it will control on a console. I like to use the mouse. Wish they'd release it on the PC. . . .

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
I think I remember reading somewhere that it was a third-person action shooter. Not sure though. . .

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
He may not be in Clones much, but he's certainly going to be the Darth Maul of the movie, in that he has a minor role but everyone is going to think he's damn cool. Good of Lucasarts to exploit this...
That makes me think how interesting a Darth Maul game would be with the double sided light saber and fighting Jedi Knights.

The AotC GBA game is going to be more in the style of the SNES Star Wars games.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I can deal with a third-person game. I just hope the control is along the Alice/Rune/Heretic II lines. But, of course, I like to play those with a mouse as well. I don't know how, say, Tomb Raider plays with a console controller, but its mouseless interface became unacceptable after I played better third-person games.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Actually, why not make a first or third person game? They would just need to set them as different camera views, and people could choose which they like.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Because the camera choice affects the gameplay, puzzles & combat? Games that offer both, like JK2, tend to keep focused on one core camera through development.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks