1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

AOL disk's

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Eric Kahn, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

AOL would only have to charge half what they do if they would quit sending me 15 free CD holders a month at approx 30 cents postage each and the cost of the plastic stuff and the silver frisbee inside, I have lots of silver coasters for my desk now[​IMG]

2. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

I'm pretty sure there's a website someone set up to combat this problem. A group of people have began recieving donations of AOL CDs, and when they have 1,000,000 of them, they're gonna rent a UHaul, and drop them off on AOL headquarter's doorstep.

Anyone, if you remember or know of the site, feel free to post it.

3. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

...not to mention the millions or more likely billions of CDs that you can pick up in the Post Office, grocery stores, etc. Compnaies like Juno/NetZero and PeoplePC have it right (less thatn $10 a month for Internet access) and I hope that they succeed.

The problem is that AOL has dumbed down the intelligence of the average Internet user so much with their "all in one" interface that Juno/NetZero and PeoplePC really can only be used by those people who know what they're doing, which as far as I'm concerned severely limits their potential customer base.

Mark, the web site is http://www.nomoreaolcds.com .

4. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

Only 756,277 AOL Cd's to go...everyone, send em in...