AOD shopping list

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tyler T, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Tyler T

Tyler T Stunt Coordinator

Ok yes I have read the other message about the Army Of Darkness: Bootleg blah blah...
    I currently don't have it on DVD but I saw it in the theaters and bought a LD version of it. I have been dissapointed in the past about the Anchor Bay DC being out of print and limited. So now they are releasing a Bootleg cut.
    Should I get it? It would be cool to get but I don't want to be ripped off especally after the bad quality I've heard from previous reviews.
    Here is my opinion about this... Why not use seamless branching? I mean if there are all these scenes then I imagine they could be put on one disc. Why not get Sam Rami (sp) and Bruce Campbell in the same room to record a commentary track? DTS? Then on disc two all the features that were on the previous one and maybe some more! You know I think Universal could probably make a good 2-disc CE of the film. That would be nice even though AB have the rights and there is nothing anybody can do about it, for now.
    So should I get it or not? Speak your opinions
    Thanks in advance to anyone who makes a good suggestion.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Of course you should get it

3. Tyler T

"The 2 discs ARE Sam Raimi's definitive edition of AOD."
    Yeah but isn't that version OOP? Or are you suggesting that if the new AOD [​IMG]BC and the original AOD are combined together you get the same exact set? I really wish I could find the orginal 2-disc AB set they put out but every time I check e-bay the prices are well over $50 and unless it is a boxed set or a limited edition that is IN STOCK then I really won't pay $100 just for AOD. sigh...
    "Anchor Bay already did it, and showed it a lot of love. I wouldn't trust Universal to make a sand castle right now
    They showed the film love and attention when Universal just treated it like bargain bin fodder. I hope Anchor Bay keeps it forever (but stops the DC reissue game, and just makes it available to all)"
    Yeah... Well at least they are getting The Evil Dead back and making the trilogy. I won't buy it because I hated ED (not because of the violence, but because I saw ED2 and AOD first...) but I loved the last two. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell should really come back and make another movie but I guess since the US and European versions have different endings then that would be hard.

4. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Tyler: Yes, by getting both the single Anchor Bay disc and the new bootleg edition, you'll have the same as the 2-disc limited edition, without breaking the bank.
    See the second post on this page for more info: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/.../031937-2.html

5. Tyler T

Thanks Greg!
    $12.00 at Best Buy! I'm there!

6. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

...for AOD-SDSE V.12, when it finally comes along... I would hope that either the Universal cut shown on SCI-FI could be used, either on its own, or to supplement
    the extra scenes for the AB release. The reason I say this is because in my recollection, the print on THAT version looked fine to me...unIike the AB-DC, I saw no quality drop-off in the extra scenes...but thats just MHRecollection...
    ------------------