What's new

International ANZIO released on Blu-ray in France. See Post #5 (1 Viewer)

Spili

Agent
Real Name
Marco
Have you watched that digital on iTunes?

Yep.

And here's a review of the recent French BD (with screenshots at the bottom)

As I suspected: an ancient double-decade old master slapped on BD, riddled in scanner noise with detail looking akin to 'mush'.... Low-pass filtered from Rimini to boot.

I'm sure Randy will still like it though....

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yep.

And here's a review of the recent French BD (with screenshots at the bottom)

As I suspected: an ancient double-decade old master slapped on BD, riddled in scanner noise with detail looking akin to 'mush'.... Low-pass filtered from Rimini to boot.

I'm sure Randy will still like it though....
That review proves nothing about what is playing on iTunes in the States.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The concern with movies on Blu-ray from France is when the English audio track is selected the French subtitles appear on the screen with NO shut-off. If you own a 4K player, Oppo, Sony, LG or Panasonic you can use the subtitle shift feature to move the subtitles off the screen. The French subtitles continue to play you just don't see them. I recently purchased Blu-ray titles Beach Red and Bitter Victory from France and used subtitle shift to bury the subtitles.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
ANZIO starring Robert Mitchum and Peter Falk is now available on Blu-ray from Amazon.fr. Anzio was one of the bloodiest battles in WWII with the allies landing on the beaches of Anzio on their way to Rome. The Blu-ray includes both English and French audio with French subtitles that can be turned off. The video/audio are very good a big improvement over the DVD.

Anzio.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm probably going to merge that thread with this one, but only the 2020 posts in which this French release was announced.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm probably going to merge that thread with this one, but only the 2020 posts in which this French release was announced.
A good idea.

I'll wait a few weeks to see if a Blu-ray disc comes out elsewhere but if not, I'll buy this French disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks