Anyway to test if DirecTV can be installed in my house?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Patrick Cate, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Patrick Cate

Patrick Cate Stunt Coordinator

Recently my family has experienced some cable tv glitches like some channels not showing on a regular basis, and some video quality problems. My family is seriously considering finally switching to DirecTV, but unfortunatley we have many trees surrounding our house, that I think might not allow for us to receive a decent signal, if any at all. I was wondering, is there any way I, or a DirecTV installer, could test before installing the DirecTV to see if the trees really will be a problem and we can get a good signal? I appreciate any help.

2. jimmy~e

jimmy~e Agent

Let me share my story. I moved about a quarter mile up the block from one house to another. I had Direct TV at my old house and tried to take advantage of their moving plan--you leave your old dish where it is and they install a new one for free (and try to sell the new owner on the old dish). The Direct TV installer told me that he couldn't get a signal at my new home, too many trees. So I went with digital cable. Out of curiosity I had a private installer come out and look at my situation. He told me that he could get a signal but I decided to stay with digital cable and a high definition box. Different companies with different equipment will come to different conclusions.