Anyway to stop someone from sleepwalking?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Mar 16, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Just wondering if it's possible, because it's an annoying habit of mine. I have the weirdest dreams, so who knows what I'll blurt out while walking around [​IMG]. For instance, a few nights ago I dreamt that a spooky, Scooby Doo like Ghost was flying down the street hill in front of me, and landing on my room window, trying to get in. While I didn't get up, I do vaugley remember trying to shoo it away, then waking up wondering what just happened [​IMG]. I usually remember 95% of my dreams...
    Other times it could be more dangerous. I was told by parents that, while on an Amtrack train to Prt.St Lucie Florida, I was brought back by one of the conducters because I was sleep walking the train looking for somethig, can't remember what it was. I'm afraid I might winde up like that guy in that nextel commercial, sleepwalking with a phone attached to him [​IMG].
    I tried ot put a shoe in front of my bed to trip me should I get up, but that wouldn't be a good idea if I was really awake and tripped on it during the night going to the bathroom or something...
    Any ideas?

2. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

I sleepwalk a lot. This one time, I was at a friends apartment at the beach and I went to sleep on her couch and I woke up outside her door with the door locked. That scared the shit out of me. I had no idea where I went. And sometimes I will get up and run down my stairs really fast, I mean like Flash, sit down in me recliner, watch some movies and turn the TV off and go back to bed, all of this asleep. I can even cook Im told when I asleep.

To answer your question, I dont think so. Maybe try some hypnosis.

3. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I sleepwalked sporadically up through my teenage years. My family doctor at one point said that it was often due to restlessness and light sleeping, and that getting a little exercise before bed would prevent it. I never did it regularly enough to know whether this worked or not, though. I quit doing it by the time I turned 18 or 19, and really have no idea why I quit.

I used to do quite a bit in my sleep, some of which was frightening. When I was 3-4 years old, I did it so often that my parents were afraid I might leave the house one night, so they installed a chain lock high up on the door. One night when I was four, I got out of bed, dragged a chair to the door, opened the lock, went outside and sat in the car with my teddy bear. I still vividly remember waking up and screaming loud enough to get my parents to come running.

While I don't know if you can consider it sleepwalking, once when I was 12 or 13, I dreamt that I was a boxer. It was an interesting dream, mainly because I got the snot beat out of me. When I woke up, there was blood everywhere. I used to have nosebleeds in my sleep quite often, but I don't know if this time was a regular nosebleed, or if I had actually punched myself. My nose and knuckles were a bit sore, and I could see where I had punched the wall several times from the bloody imprint I had left. Usually I would just change pillow cases and forget about it, but this time required a full changing of the sheets and comforter, as well as a thorough scrubbing of the walls.