What's new

Anyway to stop someone from sleepwalking? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Just wondering if it's possible, because it's an annoying habit of mine. I have the weirdest dreams, so who knows what I'll blurt out while walking around :). For instance, a few nights ago I dreamt that a spooky, Scooby Doo like Ghost was flying down the street hill in front of me, and landing on my room window, trying to get in. While I didn't get up, I do vaugley remember trying to shoo it away, then waking up wondering what just happened :). I usually remember 95% of my dreams...
Other times it could be more dangerous. I was told by parents that, while on an Amtrack train to Prt.St Lucie Florida, I was brought back by one of the conducters because I was sleep walking the train looking for somethig, can't remember what it was. I'm afraid I might winde up like that guy in that nextel commercial, sleepwalking with a phone attached to him :).
I tried ot put a shoe in front of my bed to trip me should I get up, but that wouldn't be a good idea if I was really awake and tripped on it during the night going to the bathroom or something...
Any ideas?

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
I sleepwalk a lot. This one time, I was at a friends apartment at the beach and I went to sleep on her couch and I woke up outside her door with the door locked. That scared the shit out of me. I had no idea where I went. And sometimes I will get up and run down my stairs really fast, I mean like Flash, sit down in me recliner, watch some movies and turn the TV off and go back to bed, all of this asleep. I can even cook Im told when I asleep.

To answer your question, I dont think so. Maybe try some hypnosis.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I sleepwalked sporadically up through my teenage years. My family doctor at one point said that it was often due to restlessness and light sleeping, and that getting a little exercise before bed would prevent it. I never did it regularly enough to know whether this worked or not, though. I quit doing it by the time I turned 18 or 19, and really have no idea why I quit.

I used to do quite a bit in my sleep, some of which was frightening. When I was 3-4 years old, I did it so often that my parents were afraid I might leave the house one night, so they installed a chain lock high up on the door. One night when I was four, I got out of bed, dragged a chair to the door, opened the lock, went outside and sat in the car with my teddy bear. I still vividly remember waking up and screaming loud enough to get my parents to come running.

While I don't know if you can consider it sleepwalking, once when I was 12 or 13, I dreamt that I was a boxer. It was an interesting dream, mainly because I got the snot beat out of me. When I woke up, there was blood everywhere. I used to have nosebleeds in my sleep quite often, but I don't know if this time was a regular nosebleed, or if I had actually punched myself. My nose and knuckles were a bit sore, and I could see where I had punched the wall several times from the bloody imprint I had left. Usually I would just change pillow cases and forget about it, but this time required a full changing of the sheets and comforter, as well as a thorough scrubbing of the walls.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks