Anyway to get a replacement Disc 3 FTETTM

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Julian Reville, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Hello,
    This weekend I was watching this mini-series for only the 2nd time, and I found my Disc 3 to have become FUBAR. No visible scratchs, won't play on either of 2 DVD players; severe pixilation and lockup.

Of course I have no receipt, as it was a gift from a couple of years ago. I sent an e-mail to HBO but no reply yet.

Man I really hate the thought of buying a whole new set. I'm beginning to be turned off by box-sets in general.

Julian Reville

2. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

um... FTETTM?

I'm usually good with acronyms... not this time.

Chris.

3. MichaelAW

MichaelAW Second Unit

From the Earth to the Moon. Took me a while to get it, but then again, I have the set. [​IMG]

4. Julian Reville

Sorry, thought I put the full title in the message, but I guess I had a mental lapse. Yes, MichaelAW got it right.

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Call WB or HBO's customer service #. Should be on their webpage

6. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

I am having the exact same problem with disc three. When I played the set for the first time, it worked perfectly. Now when I insert disc three into my Sony 7700 the player reports "No Disc"! When I put the disc into the DVD-ROM of both my computers my computer crashes. I find this odd.

Also expisode three (Apollo 7) on disc one starts at chapter 2. I am assuming that the the first two episodes are on the first layer and the second two on the second. Again, all worked wonderful the first few times I watched it.

7. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I didn't know the acronym until you mentioned HBO, but it was fun figuring it out. [​IMG]

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

FTETTM is notorious for rotting. It was made around the same time as Contact, at the same place (WAMO) which is another notorious rotter. They had defective glues or something

Thankfully, my copy is OK (knock on wood)

9. Julian Reville

No luck at emerchadize.com, which is where the HBO website sent me: nice lady, but since I didn't buy from her company, ISOL. She gave me a customer service number (1-212-517-1208) for HBO, which has a busy signal for 5 straight days; I think there may be a problem here.

Anyone have another WB or HBO number to try?

Julian

10. EricCr

EricCr Stunt Coordinator

the WB consumer line number is 1-818-954-6429. Not sure if they will be of any help but worth a shot.

11. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

I sent an email to HBO complaining of my problem with disc 3 and sent them a link to this thread. Lets see what happens. On a lighter side, I had a problem with Criterion's "The Rock" and they provided excellent feedback and service.

12. Julian Reville

Thanks, Michael

Please let me know if you have any success. I still have not been able to get through to HBO.

13. Len Berkoski

Len Berkoski Stunt Coordinator

Resurrecting an old thread ... I've got problems on my disc 1. Did anyone ever have success on this front?