What's new

anyway to fix scratched DVD??? (1 Viewer)

My 3 year old son got hold of one of my DVD's and he bit it. THe shiny side didn't sratched but the top part where the silk print is got scratched I can see throught the dvd..is there anything I can put on top to cover the scratched and have the DVD still work??????

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
there is this thing they push in at Electronics Boutique etc called the Disk Docter i think. It subtly grinds down a very fine amount of the surface removing the scratches. I have no idea if it works etc, but it might be worth looking into..

Phu Vo

Stunt Coordinator
Your DVD is now a coaster. If the belly side is scratched, you can buff it out with some products like the Disc Doctor. But if the side with the data is scratch (printing side) and you can see through it, your DVD is cooked.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Deja Vu!

I have 3 sons, now 6, 4, and 2. When my 2 eldest sonds were 2 and 0, the 2 yr old pulled Video Essentials off the shelf and my 3 month old chewed it. I replaced it with another copy and a few months later, the gouged it. Naturally, it was the most expendive DVD in my collection. I fixed it with a CD scratch repair kit and it worked. It had always froze in the same spot prior to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks