anyway to fix scratched DVD???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eddie Sanchez, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Eddie Sanchez

My 3 year old son got hold of one of my DVD's and he bit it. THe shiny side didn't sratched but the top part where the silk print is got scratched I can see throught the dvd..is there anything I can put on top to cover the scratched and have the DVD still work??????

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Out of curiosity, have you tried the DVD out to see if it works?

3. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

there is this thing they push in at Electronics Boutique etc called the Disk Docter i think. It subtly grinds down a very fine amount of the surface removing the scratches. I have no idea if it works etc, but it might be worth looking into..

4. Duane M Davis

Duane M Davis Stunt Coordinator

Duane Davis
    Yeah, the Disk Doctor works great.

5. Phu Vo

Phu Vo Stunt Coordinator

Your DVD is now a coaster. If the belly side is scratched, you can buff it out with some products like the Disc Doctor. But if the side with the data is scratch (printing side) and you can see through it, your DVD is cooked.

6. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Deja Vu!

I have 3 sons, now 6, 4, and 2. When my 2 eldest sonds were 2 and 0, the 2 yr old pulled Video Essentials off the shelf and my 3 month old chewed it. I replaced it with another copy and a few months later, the gouged it. Naturally, it was the most expendive DVD in my collection. I fixed it with a CD scratch repair kit and it worked. It had always froze in the same spot prior to this.