What's new

Anything new to report on a VALLEY GIRL DVD release? (1 Viewer)

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
I watched Barbara Walters' interview with Nic Cage last night, where they showed a clip from "Valley Girl"--in OAR no less--and I was wondering if there was any new news on a future DVD release. I think this would be the film's 20th anniversary, so there's an extra incentive to get it out there this year. I'm assuming paying for the music rights to some of the songs is the only thing holding it up...

Brett C

Second Unit
A new sp ed DVD is in the works and if you want to read about it head over to DVDfile and read the interview with the DVD producer of that xmen 1.5 ed ,he's doing it!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Really!?! I had no idea. I love this film for whatever reason. Probably just my age when it came out. I'll buy it the second it comes out that's for sure, SE or not.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here is the DVDFile article with DVD producer Rob Meyer Burnett with DVDFile owner Peter Bracke.

Here's the relative passages:

I encourage everyone to go read the article...it's a great behind-the-scenes look at how DVDs get produced! He briefly mentions another release he's producing now...TTT! ;)

As for Valley Girl - a title I've been desperate for - I have been led to believe we'll see it in Sept. That's right after my birthday, but it can be a late present! :D

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you, David, for the great news and article! My birthday's in July, but I too will count it as a (very) late birthday present. :)

I guess it's finally time to slap my old Vestron panned-and-scanned LD on eBay while it can still bring in a decent profit...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Heh, ask everyone who's already sold their Blade Runner DVD's if that's a good idea, Scott! :laugh:

You're welcome, though.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
How'd I miss this article?
I honestly think Peter could "market" these articles he does a bit more. Shout it from the rooftops, as it were. I've missed a few gems myself.

Heck, unless Ron and Packy objected, in his shoes I'd start by coming here and mentioning them. Or at least in his own DVDFile software forum. I rarely, if ever, see them mentioned there, either.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Man, was I ever in love with Deborah Foreman when this movie came out. Being a junior in high school, my hormones were already raging and then to see her do that little lip-biting thing.... homina! I definitely would have liked to melt with her.

Brian O

Second Unit
This was an intriguing movie. Nic Cage really had screen presence in this and Deborah Foreman glowed. It didn't surprise me one bit that Cage went on to stardom, but she seemed to disappear after My Chauffeur.

Hey, anyone remember a song from the movie, "Eyes of a Stranger"? That had a great beat. Always think of that song when I think about Valley Girl.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, anyone remember a song from the movie, "Eyes of a Stranger"?
Yup, from Payola$ You can find it on the volume one of two "Valley Girl" Cd soundtracks from Rhino. The first volume is far superior to the second, but the only the second contains songs like "Girls Like Me" and "Eaten By the Monster of Love"...so you gotta buy it in order to be complete.

As for Deborah Foreman today, she used to have her own official website; and if memory serves, she's now an artist. Still looks melt-worthy. :)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Like oh my god ,a couple more weeks and ill be getting it like fer sure !:) Its about freakin time this 80s cult favorite of mine arrives !:) :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVD1968
Recent bookmarks