Anything New re: Microsoft Wireless Xbox Controller?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay Mitchosky, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Checking previous threads on wireless Xbox controllers there hasn't been any updated info (at least that I found), particularly regarding rumours on something from Microsoft. I would really like to get my hands on a reliable wireless but have never liked third party controllers.

2. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Im waiting to see some reviews on the Logitech as it has the expansion ports on the controller for xbox live-not on the reciever like many have said.

The mad catz stinks from what ive heared

capt

3. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I wish someone would just copy the Wavebird becauase that one works so good. I would love one for my Xbox and PS2 (I already have one for my GCN).

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

What I really want is a Microsoft Controller-S but with 2.4gHz wireless. Same size, same layout, same features (rumble, expansion slots). The Logitech is the nicest looking 3rd party wireless I've seen but I really want something from MS.

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Everyone that wants a wireless controller should email MS at [email protected] and let them know. You never know - maybe if a ton of emails come in, they might consider it.
    -Dave

6. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

It seems like Microsoft would be the PERFECT candidate for In-house (i.e. First-Party) wireless peripherals.

They've been releasing wireless keyboards (and mice) for a while now, and they've recently integrated bluetooth into their stable. I'm SURE they have the technical know-how to make a Wavebird-quality controller. I'm amazed they haven't done it yet.

7. Conroy Tesa

Conroy Tesa Stunt Coordinator

IGN has a review on the Logitech one and got 9.0 but the memory ports are on the receiver not the controller (Sucks for Live )

8. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Dave

Great idea - sent a message to their feedback address. The more the merrier.