North by Northwest
Open Range
Platoon
Pulp Fiction
Se7en

Brad

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

I think the complete Alien series is due out late this year. Plus all new special features for each film. I read this a while back. Digitalbits I think.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Alien Quadrology = if the rumor for this year was true, it very well may get shelved so they can tie it to the planned Alien remake - reboot - prequel - whatever. Unfortunately that would delay this for 3 or 4 years if they feel they need that "tie-in synergy" to sell more copie$. Another side-benefit of Hollywood being bankrupt of original ideas.

American Werewolf In London = rumors have it coming to tie in with Universal's Wolf man remake in the fall. Or it could come out with the video release in Spring 2010.

Angel Heart = Don't know about domestic but Optimum is releasing this in the UK in Aug. Don't know yet if it'll be region locked or region free. If it's R-free I plan on getting it.

Blade = rumor has it no plans from Warner in the near future which is strange as this title would have a large appeal to the BD demographics. There is a Canadian Alliance BD but they f....ed up the OAR to fit our widescreen tee-vees. :rolleyes

The Bridge on the River Kwai = there was a rumor it was coming last fall (I personally think that was just BS) in the DigitalBits. I wouldn't hold your breath since Sony is still reluctant to release LOA.

Excalibur/Forbidden Planet = Warners catch-up titles were all supposed to be out by the end of last year, that never happened obviously. the sooner/the better as lately my Toshiba HD DVD player freezes up more often than my fridge.

From Dusk 'Til Dawn = Don't know about domestic but the Canadian Alliance disc is pretty good and was cheap. Why wait?

Heat = rumored to be released to tie-in with Mann's Public Enemies. If it pans out and the stars align then that's probably a Dec time-frame.

The Maltese Falcon = don't hold your breath

North by Northwest = possibly this year (50th Ann) or maybe next. Look for a Box-O-Junk exclusive for a SRP of $90. Hope you need a cheap plastic Mount Rushmore Compass and a toy Biplane.

Open Range = rumored as coming each of the last two years. Who the hell knows at this point.

Platoon = ditto

Pulp Fiction = Somewhat-announced for Aug. It's on their website but it's not up for pre-order anywhere. I'm starting to worry that this won't happen.

Se7en = see Blade

Don't know about the rest.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Sony is working on Lawrence of Arabia, so I would like to think that Bridge on the River Kwai could never be too far behind. Then again it's still speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks