What's new

Anything new on a "Batman" (1989) Special Edition? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I know this has been brought up time and time again, but anything new on it? I hope so because I just sold the original version thinking a special edition will come out fairly soon this year.

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
I've been waiting for that SE of Batman for some time now. I never bought the current edition, because quite frankly it's really bad.
It's quite a shame because I really like that Batman movie. So, I would like to know too what's the status on this.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I know Warner said in the last HTF chat that it is under consideration but no timeline has been set. I'm just wondering (hoping) that we'll hear something about this soon.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ditto here. I've also held off on buying the really really bad disc that's been out since the dawn of DVD.

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
yeah I want a better version of Batman also...I've heard that Burton was working on it and Batman Returns for a box set...I don't know if the other 2 films are SE also but from what I heard that the first 2 would at least be SE

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I've been waiting on picking up these titles because I want special editions. I've been hearing about them for a while and can't wait. I love the first two batman films as much as I loathe the last 2.

I would love to see SE material, but I hope we aren't waiting on a Burton commentary. He's one of my favorite directors but MY does he give bad commentary.

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
"I would love to see SE material, but I hope we aren't waiting on a Burton commentary. He's one of my favorite directors but MY does he give bad commentary."

well yes this can be true, his commentarys can be a bit dry at times, but wouldnt you love to hear what he has to say about it, id love one with him and elfman and even keaton ( im sure he would do anything for a buck these days ) i really think the problem with his commentarys is that hes by himself, maybe thats it?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd love to see an SE of this, too.

WB is probably putting LOTS of time, effort, and money into this title since it's one of their crown jewels.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 2-disc edition. It would be nice for Batman to be a new DTS edition....

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
To clarify, I have nothing against a Burton commentary being included. And whether he did it alone, or with Elfman or Keaton, I'd give it a listen for a few minutes. However, my prior experience with his commentaries is pumping up on caffeine to stay awake. If for some reason the SE is ready to go, and they are waiting on a commentary, I'd be fine to just skip it.

Which says a lot since commentaries are my favorite feature - when done properly!

Rob T

Screenwriter
Warner, I want this one very badly!!
I haven't bought a VHS movie since I got X-Men on DVD, but today I got 2 of the animated episodes on VHS. I love the first 2 movies and that animated series very much!
Please do get me SEs of the first 2 movies and the animated series to me on DVD soon! :)

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
The Bits has posted so much about these films that WB better do them soon..I heard a rummor that Burton did work on a commentary track for at least the first film...I know that when this first came up that the first film was supost to have deleted stuff from it...we want these films as SE and soon WB!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks