Anything I should add 2 my Buttkicker setup 2 enhance feedback? Also installation Q

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Kao, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

Oct 31, 2000
    Right now I just have the BKII connected directly to the amp that's hooked up to the reciever's sub LFE sub-out(split with my subwoofer). Output is very low due to voltage differences between the receiver and amp and I've had to keep my receiver sub setting at +10 with the amp at full power. I plan on purchasing the Radio Shack SA-155 mini amp as a volume control booster for it. Is there anything else I should look at? Perhaps an Equalizer or crossover unit? Also, right now I'm considering changing around my setup. Here's a diagram of the current setup and my future plans:
    Which setup would you guys recommend? Any other suggestions? Perhaps a raised platform rather than a sheet of wood would work even better?
  2. John H

John H Second Unit

Nov 27, 1998
    I would definitely recommend the istallation of isolation feet.
    This will help isolate your bed from the floor and also allow it to cycle with the lower frequencies.
    A stiff, "mid-range-ish" platform will reduce the performance of the ButtKicker.
    I use 2 original BK's in my system to activate a queen size adjustable bed. I use two 2'x4'x1" plywood platforms. One for each pair of bed frame legs. Each fitted with 4 isolation feet from Kinetics Noise Control. There is 1 BK mounted to each.
    My beds box springs lower surface is manufactured of three 1" thick plywood panels that cover the entire surface. There are two ½" gaps between the panels to allow for head and foot adjustment.
    Originally I had the BK's hanging from the bed itself. With the direct platform mounting configuration it now feels like the bed it resting on shaking ground instead of just a shaking bed.