What's new

Anything I should add 2 my Buttkicker setup 2 enhance feedback? Also installation Q (1 Viewer)

Mike Kao

Second Unit
Right now I just have the BKII connected directly to the amp that's hooked up to the reciever's sub LFE sub-out(split with my subwoofer). Output is very low due to voltage differences between the receiver and amp and I've had to keep my receiver sub setting at +10 with the amp at full power. I plan on purchasing the Radio Shack SA-155 mini amp as a volume control booster for it. Is there anything else I should look at? Perhaps an Equalizer or crossover unit? Also, right now I'm considering changing around my setup. Here's a diagram of the current setup and my future plans:
Bed.JPG

Which setup would you guys recommend? Any other suggestions? Perhaps a raised platform rather than a sheet of wood would work even better?

John H

Second Unit
I would definitely recommend the istallation of isolation feet.
This will help isolate your bed from the floor and also allow it to cycle with the lower frequencies.
A stiff, "mid-range-ish" platform will reduce the performance of the ButtKicker.
I use 2 original BK's in my system to activate a queen size adjustable bed. I use two 2'x4'x1" plywood platforms. One for each pair of bed frame legs. Each fitted with 4 isolation feet from Kinetics Noise Control. There is 1 BK mounted to each.
My beds box springs lower surface is manufactured of three 1" thick plywood panels that cover the entire surface. There are two ½" gaps between the panels to allow for head and foot adjustment.
Originally I had the BK's hanging from the bed itself. With the direct platform mounting configuration it now feels like the bed it resting on shaking ground instead of just a shaking bed.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks