What's new

Anything I can do till tomorrow for pain when I call my doctor pain? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Nothing illegal though. I have a severe ear infection that's worse than the kidney stone I had in December. The canal closed shut and everything. The emergency roome doctor put and ear wick in my ear and gave me pain medicine and antibiotics. The pain medicine and the Motrin I've taken haven't helped much, so I can only sleep in little bursts. So what should I do?

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Umm, what kind of pain medicine? Vicodin, Percocet? How many tablets and how often are you taking them?

Jeff

DavidAM

Second Unit
Maybe try Aleve or something till you can get a script from the doctor for something stronger.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I think it's codeine that they gave me. I'm not in too much pain right now, but it'll probably return. I've been taking alot of Motrin and Advil too, but none seems to help. I'm not sure if I wanna get drunk, but I might give it a try if the pain gets bad enough. The only way I can explain the pain is that it feels like I'm being stabbed in the ear, with the knife being twisted around. Not very pleasant as you can imagine. I'm not one to cry with pain I'm experiencing, but this pain literally brought me to tears earlier. I haven't cried with pretty much any other pain, even the kidney stone.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Any of the anti-inflammatories would help. Also....turn on a heating pad to a low setting and lay you head on it (hurting ear side down) for 15 minutes or so. Careful not to make it too hot or it will burn. and don't fall asleep that way.....but the heat will help a little.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Ya I think the anti-inflamitory would be best. With my tooth ache I had popped 800mg(400mg per tablet). Even prescription was 600mg/tablet. And it was every 4hours on the dot. Doctor said it was fine. Antibiotics and a pain reliever. Not much more you can do

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
What I've done in the past when I couldn't get to the Dr. rightaway is call up friends and family...someone's bound to have some oxy- or hydrocodone....Gotta have the narcotics for serious pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks