What's new

Anyone with PB2+ in Denver? (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Hi all,

Wondering if there is anyone with a PB2+ in the Denver/Boulder area that would let me and the wife have a quick listen before we decide to buy one? $1300 is a lot to put down for a component we have never heard and the missus is understandably skeptical. We live in Westminster, but could drive anywhere close by.

Anyone have this insane subwoofer that would let us have a few minutes of your day? We'll bring treats and a nice thank you gift ;)

Cheers,
Joe

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
F - Unfortunately, there's one SVS owner listed for all of this area, so no go there. Thanks for the link though.

Anyone out there with a PB2+?

Jon M

Agent
I've got one in the Boulder area that you can listen to but my new ht room won't be finished for another month or two and it isn't setup right now. Let me know if you can wait that long.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

There's a PB2+ in Boulder I can ask the owner if he's interested in a demo.

And while I won't be clear till after CES, and my HT is a bit ad hoc (just moved into this house over the fall) I have a PC+, PCi, SS, PB2-Plus and a smattering of CS subs around right now.

Soon I hope to ad a PB1-Plus and PB2-Ultra to the mix (a perk of being in charge of photography and the web site). Ideally I'd have another year to finish the office/demo area but drop me a line via e-mail and maybe we can work something out.

Ron
SVS

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
:emoji_thumbsup:

Now that's customer service at it's best!

...but Ron, little disapointed that no B4 is in the mix... :wink: J/K

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Ron - I hope your house is either built directly into a mountain or has steel girder reinforcement. You're going to drive NORAD crazy with all the vibrations they get from your pad.

If you could ask that person in Boulder I would be most appreciative. If not, I could probably wait a few weeks and purchase the sub to audition myself (that's about the timeframe for it no matter what.) Many thanks (again!)

Good luck with CES, I've had to write materials for it many a year. I don't envy the folks that need to physically go there...

Jon - Let's see what Ron can find out. I'd love to come by and check out your HT when it is finished though, a month is definitely not too long. It will be a month or so before we would buy one anyway, so no worries here.

If you haven't listened to it yet and want to plunk it into a finished HT, let me know. We can invite anyone else here who wants a demo and rip it out for a few hours. If moving a 175 lb sub doesn't sound like fun to you though (between the two of us of course), I definitely understand.

Thanks for all the replies folks, happy holidays! :D

Jon M

Agent
Hey Joe,

I am actually the person Ron was referring to in Boulder. I'd be glad to have people over for a demo when the room is done. I have a fairly high end system with Magnepan's all around. I'd offer to take it to your house but it won't fit in my Honda.

Jon

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
OOOOH, what maggies do you have?

i'm in erie (close to boulder), and i have 1.6qr's as fronts and soon to be MMG's as rears (going on vacation and dont have time to get the mmg's just yet).

Jon M

Agent
I have 3.6R fronts, CC3 center, 1.6QR rear back, and MGMC1 rear side. I'm just one town over from you.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
nice. when you get your room built, i will have to take a listen. you are invited to listen to mine when its done too. in a few months, i will be adding a pair of rotel amps for rears, a new velodyne sub, some new cables, the new B&K processor, and 2 pass labs amps. (minor upgrade ;))

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Wow, that's nice Jon. You have my system in spades there. Drop me a PM or reply here when it's all ready. I'd like to have a listen no matter what ;)

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

My last Army boss was the Chief of Staff for NORAD, so I got a special dispensation for subsonic energy (and yes I can see Cheyene Mountain from my house).

Suffice it to say the pass is NOT good if I ran all those subs at once. ;^) Lately I find the PB2-Plus to be more than adequate for my very basic current system (Ascend 170s at all corners).

I'll probably have a B4-Plus at some point but tend to focus on thrashing whatever gets sent to me for photo purposes and manual writing.

My dedicated HT underway will have at least one next to the mini-bar probably. ;^)

The perks of being SVS management (never mind the 100 hour weeks ;^)

PS, Tom in R/D has far more subs ready to fire than the the marketing guys do.

Ron

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Just wondering, what kind of docs do you write for SVS? White papers, user guides? Information for internal engineering?

Good luck at CES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks