What's new

Anyone with Optimus LX-10's? (1 Viewer)

jschaefer7406

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph
Hello everyone,

Is anyone here running the Optimus LX-10 linaeum towers? I bought a used pair recently and am curious if they're stock. They have white stuffing inside (seen via the port; I didn't disassemble). Some on other forums refer to adding insulaton (implying there was none when new). Could anyone check their stock LX-10's and see what's in the there?

Thanks,

Joe

Bnmanning

Auditioning
Real Name
Ford
The stock ones from Radio Shack are not filled with anything. I have several that I bought new and I have left them stock as they came. I have recently gone back to using them (for home theater) after trying several other speakers over the years. With the advent of new subwoofer technology I just have not seen the need to fill the bottoms with foam as I crossover at 100...and still get some of the sweetest, clearest tweeter sounds that I have heard...voices especially ring.

headknocker

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
I have those linaeum tweeters(the silk version) in the Aura LSW-828M's and LSC-537M CC in the primary HT in my living room. I've had them for 8+ years and I still love them for HT. They're pretty darn good for music as well but they really shine in the HT environment.

Bnmanning

Auditioning
Real Name
Ford
Just a follow up...I noticed that a gentleman is now offering Optimus Lin "upgrades" on ebay that discuss the crossovers as well as the "stuffing". I don't know anything about his points but just thought I would steer you over there if you wanted to read it.

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas

It's good to know those models are still alive and kicking some great sound.

headknocker

Agent
Real Name
Kevin

Yeah, they're still around. I bought several pairs of 828's from uBid in '99 and also a couple pairs of LSB-527's bookshelves and LSC-537 CC's. My daughter has one of the pairs of 828's and a 537 in her system and my mom has a pair of 527's in her simple sytem. Not to mention I exchanged a pair of 527's for 828's when it became clear the 527's weren't cutting it in my friend's large HT room.

Unfortunately, the tweeter in one of my 537 CC's met an unfortunate end recently when my one-year old grandson ripped it to shreds:frowning:

Oh well, I was planning to replace it with an Emotiva ERT-6.3 anyway
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, I have the bookshelf version of those speakers. The dual tweeter (bipole) ones. Also a center channel, before they stupidly turned the tweeter 90 deg to disperse vertically, instead of horizontally. They are in my small, livingroom system and are nice sounding speakers, especially for the $75 ea. I paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicLover95
Recent bookmarks