Anyone with opinions on using Behringer amps as home audio amps.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Just curious of what HTF has to say on the behalf of using Behringer PA type amplifiers for home theater or stereo rigs with a pre-amp and good speakers, say Martin Logan or Snell.

Thanks for opinions in advance.

mackie

Supporting Actor
Someone on another forum uses them with good results. I believe they have fans so you'd probably want to put them in a closet or cabinet to keep from hearing the fans.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Behringer stuff is very poorly reputed in the pro industry. I can't imagine powering such nice speakers with such cheap garbage amps. Avoid Behringer. If you want decent high power pro amps at low prices look to Peavey.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I was thinking that where even praised even as PA or Pro audio amps, yet as mackie said, some people use them and claim they that they are good even for good speakers. I am having troubles trying to convince a member of audioholics forum that the Behringer is not the way to go, but some folks on that forum insist that they are just awesome and these same guys love EQ's if that means anything. I hate EQ's but that is just me.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Behringer stuff is held in about as high a regard in pro music circles as Bose is around here.

Want pro amps? Look into QSC and Crown.

mackie

Supporting Actor
I would also lean towards Crown or QSC if I was looking at using pro amps to drive my speakers, but then again I would probably look at a Rotel, Parasound, or Outlaw HT amps since they don't have fans. If money wasn't a factor, I'd probably get a bryston amp.

However, if your budget is tight and the pro amp route is the way you want to go, the Behringer will do fine...at least that's what I've seen reported by others.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avaroy