What's new

Anyone who has installed the Panny AE900... (1 Viewer)

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
Help! I'm trying to avoid a ceiling mount install. If I place a shelf above the door of my HT room, it will place the projector centerpoint 8' above the floor. I will need to shift the lense so it moves the center point about 40" downward. Is that even possible? Will that degrade the picture?

Administrator, if this is the wrong forum, please move to the appropriate place.

Thanks
Rick

DanHal

Stunt Coordinator
Rick,

Instead of using the lense shift feature, try adjusting the legs on the front on the unit or simply placing something on the rear of the unit to point it down slightly. Use the adjustments to get it close, then use the shift to get it perfect.

The lense shift may degrade the picture quality slightly at it's extremes, but you shouldn't be able to notice it in normal watching, if at all.

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
Reginald, I'll check that link. In the meantime, The centerline of the projector will be 8' (96") off the floor. The centerline for the screen will be 56" off the floor. The projector ends up being about 16" above the top of the screen.

Thanks
Rick

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Rick,

I appears that's beyond the range of the lens shift. It is my understanding that the AE900's lens has to be near the top of the screen for the lens shift to work. I could be wrong but you might consider contacting Panasonic.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You can go 63% from the center of the screen. So if you have a 4 ft tall screen, you can place the center of the lense about 5 inches above the screen. When you do that, you have 0 to work with horizontally. It's all in the manual on page 20-21. You can also tilt the projector but that will require keystone adjustments which will lower your picture quality. Remeber, the lens is about 3.25" from the center of the projector - link.

-Robert

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
That is what I'm figuring out. Looks like the Sanyo is a better choice for install purposes. 100% vertical shift as opposed to 63%.

Thanks all

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks