What's new

Anyone watching "Tourgasm" on HBO? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
For anyone that isn't watching. Comedian Dane Cook and 3 other comics (The only one I heard of before was Gary Gulman) are on a tour bus doing a bunch of shows around the country in 30 days. And it follows them around during their time outside of the shows. It has its funny points. I am more out of the loop than I thought. When I first heard of Dane Cook. I thought he must be some sort of British comedian or promoter. But, he is the big new comic.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think Dane Cook's 15 minutes are almost up. His act is like the drunken frat boy who was funny in college because it was someone you knew being goofy (and because you were drunk too).

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
"glanced" a few minutes of it....smiled about 4 times...don't know what's the big deal with him....maybe I'm just outta the loop?

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
I think his act is funnier than the tourgasm show. I saw the first episode of tourgasm before i knew who he was. i was interested when they said he had the best selling comedy album in the last 20 years! and i had never heard of this guy.

i looked him up on you tube and found his "insomniac" performance: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lN5fSkcVz...ch=dane%20cook
it's pretty funny.

how about the blond guy on the tour? i'm beginning to wonder if he'll figure out that his "kill 'em with kindness" bit is lame before the tour and show ends! the second episode was pretty funny when they made the blond dude cry joking on him. come on! you're on tour with 3 comedians! you can't take jokes?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I gotta agree with Marc. I bought Dane Cook's Retaliation 2-disc CD and I have to say it's funny as hell. I laughed at some of the tracks so hard I thought I was going to pass out. His Insomniac performance was great as well. Having said that, the Tourgasm show is pretty awful. I've been watching it just because there's nothing else on Sunday nights, but it doesn't showcase Cook's comedic talents at all. His CD really is worth checking out. :emoji_thumbsup:

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
OK...I watched some of his stuff on YouTube and that's pretty much reverses my feeling about him...though not the actual tourgasm series. I guess they're trying to do some kind of reality thing but fails miserably to be entertaining. Like Marc said, the small bits showing him doing his stint on stage would ne the only thing funny.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

That blond guy Jay is just not that funny...and is like the over-sensative kid in school we all knew. You goof at him...he either cries or gets all angry and defensive.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I dig alot of Cook's material, but he's the latest in a school of comics who think the best way to deliver their material is to assault the audience with it. I thought he was a crack addict until I saw him in "normal mode" on Conan a few weeks back.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I grew up comedically with Newhart, Carlin, Prior, prime Robin Williams, and even Steven Wright for a change of pace so maybe my standards are too high or maybe it's a generation thing, but after watching the 25 minute link above I find him minimally funny. The last bit I laughed, but the other 20 minutes I stared at the computer and waited for the end to come. If Tourgasm is worse than that clip I guess I'm really in the wrong audience.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I agree. I like Dane Cook's standup. I watched the first episode of this show and that was more than enough. Painful. I like Gary Gulman as well (he might be funnier than Cook).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks