What's new

Anyone watching Everwood? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, the "Colin hulking out" episodes border on stupid. Ain't no way some "medical miracle" would get away with what Colin did with so many eyewitnesses. (I realize the point of the story was that for miracles we see what we want to see, but you can't just cover up bruises and cuts with make-up in order to keep up with the sham of the miracle).

Otherwise, a good episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
In a town like Everwood, you might. I'm not sure any towns that quaint still exist, but where everybody knows your name it seems more plausible. From the episode guide at TV Tome (which had an accurate description of last night's episode since 'The Unveiling.'), it doesn't sound like the charade's going to last much longer. That coupled with the fact that the kid who plays Colin continues to be listed as a guest star; well the writing's on the wall, ain't it?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not alway the case, both Kerr Smith (Jack) and Meredith Monroe (Andie) were listed as "Guest Stars" in the 2nd season of Dawson's Creek, and then both of them made it into the opening credit montage for the 3rd and 4th seasons of Dawson's Creek. So, you just never know if an on-going "guest star" will be written out of the show until they do so.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Also, I'm more fearful that Colin will hulk out and become physically abusive to Amy, and then you have to wonder if she'll go into that "abusive boyfriend denial" cycle (and blame herself for his abusiveness), or actually figure out that Colin really needs some medical/psychological help.

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
We tried watching this show, but I find Treat Williams (? his name?) character far too preachy and one dimensional. I wasn't 'feeling' it and was put off by it. Not any particular issue, just the condescension which doesn't seem to be an intentional part of the character...it just seems weird and it took my out of the show.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I also find Treat Williams, and his character, hard to take. His strained voice, worried brow, etc, plus the road to hell paved with the good intentions of posturing guilt ridden phonies, and all that.

My wife loves the show tho, and also Sue Thomas, FBI. Tho I keep telling her the young FBI guy looks too much like Donnie Osmond for me to not hoot!

Give me a credible 24 and I'm happy tho! We agree on that. :)

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, Mike Erwin ("Colin") signed up for another pilot, so he may not last in Everwood. I think the producers wanted him to be a regular, but for Mike, not sure of his status on the show, his agent got him a new gig. Whether or not this new pilot gets picked up for Fall season has still to remain to be seen, but if it doesn't, then possibly, Mike will return to Everwood.

I don't know about "hulking it up" because part of the brain that controls the strength, I believe it's the amigdala, can physically put you in a "hulk" physical prowess. But otherwise, on a normal behavior level, it won't do anything unless it's triggered by something.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But the heart is a strange beast. Who knows why we love what we love. That mystery, for the time being (for Ephram), is wrapped up in Amy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I just noticed that Michael Corwin (Colin) plays young Bruce Banner in the upcoming Hulk movie. So, I guess "Colin" had more anger issues than we had all imagined... :D

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I, too, really like this show. I have been watching it almost from the beginning and recently caught the pilot in re-runs. Like most shows, it is uneven, but the relationship between Ephram and his father rings really true and I love the kid who plays Delia. By the way, I thought the episode they did where she is befriended by the class bully, who turns out to be one of those kids of undetermined gender (can't remember the currently prefered term for what we used to call a hermaphrodite) , was very interesting and gutsy. I think the show has great possibilities and I hope it is renewed next year.

Deborah

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks