Anyone watching Christmas TV on DVD tonight?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Greg_S_H, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I'm going to watch the Christmas episode of Andy Griffith here in a minute. I don't think I have too many other Christmas episodes, but I could watch the Christmas episodes of Starsky & Hutch and/or Have Gun Will Travel. I might try to watch the latter. . . .

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

You know I am! I've been bouncing around to different episodes or specials all day! [​IMG]

3. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Hey, I thought of another one! What's Happening!!. That's a really good episode, too.

4. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

We saw Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Great Christmas classics!

5. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

I went through my Christmas DVD episodes the other night with "Dick Van Dyke Show", "Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "Twilight Zone" (Night Of The Meek). Tonight I go through a backload of vintage Christmas specials on VHS recorded off-air long ago in the 70s and 80s and which shall never see the light of day on any kind of DVD release I am sure of.

I have never gotten "Charlie Brown Christmas" on DVD because for some reason it's more of a warm feeling for me to watch my 1985 off-air recording since it has all the extras I remember fondly while growing up and watching it (the "CBS Special Presentation" opening and music, and the sponsor plugs for Peter-Paul candies).

6. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

I'll be watching a few after I get out of work this evening - 1 South Park Christmas ep, the Simpsons Christmas Special, Sports Night's Christmas show, and a Futurama Christmas episode are the most likely candidates.

7. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I have a lot of Christmas episodes that I watched yesterday, and will probably continue today.

Last night I watched...
    A Garfield Christmas
    Beavis and Butt-Head Christmas
    A Charlie Brown Christmas
    I Want a Dog for Christmas Charlie Brown
    and the first Simpsons Christmas episode.

I can watch Christmas episodes of Andy Griffith, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore, Married...with Children, Family Guy, Friends, Frasier, Futurama, Sports Night M*A*S*H, What's Happening, and probably a few more I'm forgetting.

8. Greg_S_H

Greg

It was always exciting when that opening was used. I never thought about that being absent from the DVD presentation.

I ended up watching What's Happening, Andy Griffith, Magnum, p.i., and Have Gun, Will Travel. I got a little misty over What's Happening, but I was blubbering like a little baby from the start of Elinor Donahue singing "Away in a Manger" to the end of that episode of Andy Griffith. [​IMG] The Magnum episode was good, but it kind of just happened to be set during Christmas. Still, there was some nice Christmas music in the background.

And, Dave ended up giving me a Christmas present by confirming that Magnum will definitely be continued on DVD in 2005! Check TVShowsonDVD for some more news. Now, if Universal will not pull a Quantum Leap Season 2 on us. . . .

9. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I watched the Charlie Brown Christmas specials today. [​IMG]

10. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    I mostly watched Christmas-themed movies this year, but managed to find time for THE AVENGERS: "Too Many Christmas Trees" (the perfect thing to follow a viewing of the Alastair Sim version of SCROOGE (1951)), the yuletide episodes of STINGRAY and THUNDERBIRDS, and the SCTV "Staff Christmas Party" (on the SCTV Vol. 2 DVD set).