Anyone watch Dirty Jobs on Discovery channel??

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by todd s, Jun 8, 2005.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Their is a show on Tues.at 10pm called Dirty Jobs. In the show the host does a variety of disgusting jobs.

-Cleaning a septic tank
    -Gutting a cleaning fish
    -Walking through knee high bat-shit in a cave

What makes the show even better is the host. He is funny and quick witted. And he acts like how we would act in the same situation.

2. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

Great show, I only caught it by accident after another great DC show, the Deadliest Catch. Who knew a show about crab fishing could be so compelling?

3. Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida Second Unit

Jerry Almeida
    I'm surprised that I've never heard of this show as much as I watch DC. I'll have to check this one out and by your description it will probably be added to the list of other DC shows I already watch.

American Chopper
    Deadliest Catch
    MythBusters
    It Takes a Thief

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Jerry:

I have never hear of It Takes a Thief. What is that all about?

5. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

You must catch the episode where he goes to a horse farm and assists with the harvesting of semen from a stallion and the insemination of the mare (can't just let the 2 have fun like normal animals).
    He comes up with the exact comments any of us with sick minds would. I was in tears from laughing.
    The process is pretty involved and there are things done as part of the insemination that are 'interesting' to say the least.

6. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

I'll have to set my Tivo to get this for sure. This summer is really awful as far as new shows go, so I'm all for finding the smaller gems that I've been missing.

I'm also a big fan of Deadliest Catch. I caught the doc about crab fishing last year and knew that a series would be a good idea. Sadly there won't be any reason for season 2 since they put an end to derby style fishing.

Edit- D'oh I don't see this program listed in my 2 week guide so looks like I won't get to check it out anytime soon.

7. Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida Second Unit

Jerry Almeida

Two former burglars case out neighborhoods then choose a house to break into. Before doing so, they notify the owners (and get approval) and set up cameras all over the house, inside and out, so that the owners can watch it happen live.

The burglar does not hold back, and ultimately the house is trashed.

Then the burglars help the owners tighten up their security and point out all of their weak spots.

Overall it's pretty interesting.
    Read more here.