What's new

Anyone want to help with design for an SVS driver enclosure ..... (1 Viewer)

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
I have an origianl SVS driver and would like some help designing a traditional box if anyone is willing. I'm looking for a low to mid Q setup. I have 2 full length 3" flared ports that are still new in the box that I could use for it. What would be your suggestions for a sealed enclosure and a ported one as well. I'm looking for something along the lines of an adire alignment. .577 to .707 Q. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Here's my recent thread on building a big enclosure for use with a SVS driver. I'm in the middle (literally) of the construction write-up for yet another website detailing its construction.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Sounds like what I'm after. Also, since I already have 2 3" ports, what would I have to use to tune it the same as 1 4" port at the length you specified? I'm think about the same size enclosure as you have built. Thanks!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jason, have you read that thread I pointed you to? There's my testimonial, and the new owner's testimonial in there. :)
If you can get 18"-19" end-to-end for the two 3" flared ports, you'll be okay given the volume I used.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
yea .... I edited my comment. Hoping I'd edit before you answered again. : ) What do you think about the 3 " ports?

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
if so mybox uses a 19.5 inch long port. Dustin B. said i could do the same length with two 3" ports. This is to tune the box at 21hz. sounds weird but these guys know there stuff. I couldn't have built my sub without there help. the bass im getting out of this box is awesome. I have only tested with movies so far so i hope to give a report on music tonight.I cant wait to get out of work to do some more testing:D

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Really I'm looking for a 18-20 hz tune. I would like to be able to use my 2- 3" flared ports. If I only need to use one of the ports, that would be cool too. Patrick, what did you use for all the measurements on the SVS when you modeled it? There are some values I'm not sure of. Thanks to both of you for all your help.

Jason

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just used some quick and dirty T/S parameters for the SVS driver that someone posted in this area. Do a search on "SVS parameters" and see if you get lucky.

Use both ports, one 3" port is not enough.

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
im not an expert by any means but i just did the winisd online for a port size and it says two 3"ports at 30" length would tune my box to 19hz.

If you build a box i would recomend putting the end of the port where you can adjust the length if you want too. mine ends up right behing the driver. so all i need to do is pull out the driver and add some tubing if i want to try and tune it a little lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks