Anyone want to build me a computer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey Noel, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Hi all. It's time to retire my 350mhz P2 computer. It only has a 6 gig hard-drive, so I can't install much, and I'm sick of it.

So, would any of you be willing to build me a nice computer for $400 or less? Can it be done? I can get a 1.7ghz with 60gigHD from Dell for about $434+99S&H. It really isn't that bad of a deal, but I thought maybe one of you would want to do this for me, or at least suggest a good place for me to get a comp. at my budget.

I will of course pay for your time and work!!

If you're interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] or just post here.

Or, if you are wanting to sell a computer of yours, let me know!

Thanks!

2. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Jeff, I'd be interested in this...PM/email me and we'll see what we can work out in your budget. yay. [​IMG]

3. Jeffrey Noel

Joe, you've got mail!! [​IMG]

4. Daniel Alan

Daniel Alan Agent

if that falls through then I recomend ABS for good cheap systems that can be build to your specs

www.abspc.com

5. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

I'd cruise around deal sites like HTF's own "Deals Page", along with Fatwallet.com and other forums for some deals on a new Dell. Unless you're in need of something custom that Dell doesn't offer, in the under $500 price range they offer a good value and a good warranty.

Plus, Dell will have operators available for customer support and technical issues. I don't think the person building your computer will be as available to help with all possible issues (take this from someone who mistakenly built many computers for friends).

Besides needing something custom, the only other reason I'd recommend someone to build their own computer is for the experience gained. Being able to troubleshoot your own computer problems is a godsend nowadays.

6. Jeff Lehr

Jeff Lehr Stunt Coordinator

Also, don't forget to check out Dell's refurbished computers. Sometimes you can run across a pretty good deal there, especially when they offer their free shipping and so many $$$ off specials.
    But the inventory changes so much, and the deals never seem to run when you find a decent computer, so it's really hit and miss.

JL

7. Jeffrey Noel

Jeff, I've looked at those but I didn't find one I'm interested in. I'm working with Joe on a custom built computer, but I am still keeping an eye open for those Dell Deals.