What's new

Anyone want a free working Mac? (B&W G3) (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
My company has an old G3 Blue & White Tower Mac with a 17 inch CRT monitor. This model came from Apple with the Adaptec 2940USB SCSI card and SCSI HD.

Specs:
G3 400 BW Mac Tower
512 MB RAM
9GB IBM SCSI HD (stock Apple part, IBM 39130D)
CD-ROM Drive (stock Apple part)
Rage 128 PCI Card (stock Apple part)
ADB Apple Extended Keyboard
ADB Kensington 2 button mouse
Fresh Install of OS X 10.3.9 (OS 9 also installed)
NO SOFTWARE IS INCLUDED ON CD. It only comes with the clean OS X install on the machine.

Mag 17 inch CRT monitor Model 786N

Everything is working fine although the keyboard and mouse could probably use a good cleaning.

To be honest, I originally tried selling it on another forum but had no takers or even offers (I asked $150 or best offer). I tried donating it to some local schools where some fellow employees have kids, but didn't get any interest there either.

So now I am offering it free to any takers.

Pick up will be in Garden Grove, California on Knott Street between Chapman and Katella. I will not ship it. You have to pick it up from where I work.

-KeithP

ErichH

Screenwriter
The G3 B&Ws are best with OS9 - X kills the processor. For email browsing office 01 etc. it's fine. Bet there's a place to donate for a retired person who'd like to use email.

Kids will not like it - too slow for games.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I have one of these in my basement. I bought it about nine years ago and configured it as a Photoshop machine, with a lot of RAM and some fast internal drives. I actually still use it (in OS 9.2.2, with Photoshop 7) to do exactly that -- it has my big scanners attached to it and does just fine creating the 600-odd meg files, manipulating them, saving them, and moving them to my 24" printer. But it can't render a RAW file to save its life. ;)

Anyways, it's a real workhorse -- somebody take it.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I'd snap it up if I lived in California. Hopefully someone will give it a good home.

joe228sam

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Madziarczyk
I just joined this forum and if this B&W G3 is still available I will take it.
I am in San Diego and can come get it.

JOE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks