Anyone wanna play some 'HALO'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Lutter, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I just got a router and figured out tunneling (through GameSpy), so I would like to kick some of yer guys asses in 'Halo'... any takers? [​IMG]
    My AIM name is: 'roblutter', give me a ring and we'll set up a game [​IMG]
    It works great, I was playing with 9 other people yesterday with very little lag. They only downside is that I can't talk during play because my computer is in a different room! [​IMG]

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Given that I have the Xbox in another room from my computer, both sharing the same cable modem feed through a router, how do I do this? Can I do this?

3. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

Rob,
    If I had HALO, a computer, a router, and the will to figure all that stuff out, I would surely be kicking your ass.[​IMG]

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Jay, it sounds like you have it hooked up the right way already (it will work for both XBL and XBTunneling)... I have my DSL modem (I am at home, at school will be trickier) hooked to my router and branching out to both the computer and XBOX... this seems to work.
    Everything you need to know about tunneling is explained right here: http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml
    You can also get the software you need to do it there... then I may whoop your ass. It is actually not as hard as it sounds to play, I had it working in 5 minutes.

5. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

I'd like to recommend XBConnect. It's a program, much like Gamespy Arcade/Tunnel thats a much smaller download, and doesn't have advertisements, or any of the reall annoying/intrusive stuff that GSA has.
    You can get it at http://www.xbconnect.com/

6. WillY

WillY Stunt Coordinator

I also second xbconnect. There is less lag, as well. I have been playing this way for a while now. I have 768 upload so I can host some games sometime, let me know...