Anyone Wanna Play Some Halo Online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter_A, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

http://www.planetxbox.com/features/articles/2001/gsa/
    I'm gonna give this a try once I get a long enough run of RJ45 cable. It works well aparently but I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you have a high-speed internet connection.
    So who's up for some fraggin'? [​IMG]

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I've heard about this before, but either I'm too lazy or it's too much of a hassle (for me anyways). But now you don't need 2 NIC's, which makes me even more interested & curious. Can you fill me in on some things about Halo tho?
    1) Can you play up to 3 others (or more)?
    2) Do you play the game in full screen or split(s)?
    3) How does it play compared to your average PC online FPS (ie- UT, q3a)? And which do you prefer?
    Thanks for any help. If I can get a decent TV upstairs we might be playing soon! [​IMG]

3. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

I've played Halo online using my DSL connection and Gamespy's software. It is a blast, if you can find a game being hosted by someone with a great connection. I would say about 60% of the time I get a game with no lag. I have played 1 vs. 1, 3 players, and 4 players. 4 was the most fun. We had a great batlle going on with the Warthogs. [​IMG]
    -Dean-

4. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Do you have to have a home network? I've got broadband, but not home network.