1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone using XBOX as MP3 Server with Onkyo Netune?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JohnA, Oct 19, 2003.

1. JohnA

JohnA Stunt Coordinator

I am wondering if anyone has set up the Xbox to act like a Music Server to be used with Onkyo's Netune.

What I will be doing is installing a large HD with my MP3's and my most frequently used games loaded on it.

Xbox would reside in my AV rack and I would use wireless controllers for gaming.

The XBOX and my Netune device would be linked directly through the ethernet ports. I have no desire for interent radio at this time.

Running a new bios, I would assume it is straight forward. Just load my MP3's onto the hardrive and use a crossover cable to connect the two directly to each other.

Not even sure I would need to run Xbox Media Player or use Xbox Media Center.

Thanks for any help or advice.

-

2. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

I'm uncertain of the forum's stance on this particular issue (defeating protection on the XBox's bios). But it sounds like a nice idea. I use mine as a frontend for a Linux TiVo system called MythTV, lots of well implemented software there. However, it's not for everyone. [​IMG]

I can access music quickly and easily by my network connection to my backend box too.