Anyone using XBOX as MP3 Server with Onkyo Netune?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JohnA, Oct 19, 2003.

1. JohnA

JohnA Stunt Coordinator

Oct 25, 1999
    I am wondering if anyone has set up the Xbox to act like a Music Server to be used with Onkyo's Netune.

What I will be doing is installing a large HD with my MP3's and my most frequently used games loaded on it.

Xbox would reside in my AV rack and I would use wireless controllers for gaming.

The XBOX and my Netune device would be linked directly through the ethernet ports. I have no desire for interent radio at this time.

Running a new bios, I would assume it is straight forward. Just load my MP3's onto the hardrive and use a crossover cable to connect the two directly to each other.

Not even sure I would need to run Xbox Media Player or use Xbox Media Center.

Thanks for any help or advice.

2. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

May 13, 2001
    I'm uncertain of the forum's stance on this particular issue (defeating protection on the XBox's bios). But it sounds like a nice idea. I use mine as a frontend for a Linux TiVo system called MythTV, lots of well implemented software there. However, it's not for everyone. [​IMG]

I can access music quickly and easily by my network connection to my backend box too.