What's new

Anyone using the Olympus 5050? (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I'm looking to purchase a 5-meg digital camera and would like some feed back on it.

I currently have a Canon Rebel - and would consider myself an experienced enthusiast.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I'm not a user but it seems to be a kickass camera. 5+ megapixels, f1.8 standard lens, accepts EITHER SmartMedia, xD & Compact Flash* and lots of manual control possible.
If money was not a problem for me right now: the 5050 would be at the top of my list. I'm very very close to going with the Canon S45.

(*Can take up to two at a time and can quickly switch between them.)

DwightK

Second Unit
I have been extremely pleased with my 2020 if that is any help. I cannot think of another consumer brand that has the same flexability, features, size, durability, etc. I love the fact that I can get up to 16 second exposures if I want for use with my telescope.

Hard to complain about anything. I'm sure the 5050 is equally adept only more so.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Very little to complain with those cameras. Like the C4040, the 5050 has a tiny bit more chromatic aberation than competitors models and a bit more pincusion in the corners than other cameras, such as the comparable Canon G2/G3. Very doubtful that you'd ever notice the chromatic aberation or pincusion enough to bother you in regular picture taking use. The Olympus C5050 is probably just about the most camera for the money right now with the fast lens, flash hotshoe and 5 mega pixels and features. Go for it. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Here is a website that you could spend way too much time perusing, but suffice to say, its got all the cameras and they are very thorough at reviewing. The most! Check it out:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/DIGCAM01.HTM

Good luck :)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Thanks for the input guys. My wife and I will be doing some heavy travelling in Europe sometime around the end of June so I will try to find one online.

The thought of snapping hundreds of pics with instant feedback is sweet :emoji_thumbsup:

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Drew,

I bought my 5050 at the end of December and I have been extremely pleased with it. The pictures are dynamite, it's got the flash hotshoe for adding a separate flash. I use it for business too, and as a graphic designer, I've used its pictures in offset printed brochures with no problems. My favorite dumb little feature is the tilting LCD screen on the back. For some reason, I seem to take a lot of my pictures very close to the ground, and all I have to do is tilt the screen up - no more getting down really low to see the screen! I agree with waht someone above said: this is the most camera that you can get at its price point. Highly recommended.

Sounds like a great trip, have a wonderful time!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks