What's new

Anyone using the new Mitsubishi SRHD500? (1 Viewer)

David Kraus

Auditioning
Anyone experienced HD with thier Pioneer HDTV by using the new Mitsubishi SRHD500? I have been on a list to receive this new receiver/dish for over a year. I should be picking it up soon. I have considered over the last year to just pick up the Pioneer Elite HD receiver but my last check priced it at $2000.00 versus the Mits dish/receiver combo at $999.00.
David Kraus

MikeRa

Auditioning
I am currently using the Mits setup with the Pioneer 710. I am using a radio shack antenna in my attic which allows me to pickup a CBS,PBS,and ABC feed. There is of course the HD loop on Direct TV that I have seen somewhere close to 80 times. I was on the CBS website and noticed they will be broadcasting the Final 4 basketball games Saturday and the final game Monday in HDTV, while I am not a big B-ball fan I did invite a few friends over to enjoy the broadcast.( I'll use any excuse to have a few beers and eat chicken wings !)I do enjoy the Monday night line up on CBS and often flip back and forth from standard TV, CATV, and HDTV WOW what a difference. Setup was extremely simple, your 510 has 3 sets of progressive inputs (2 component and 1 RGB)the set will automatically detect the 1080i signal when using component, much like it does with my progressive DVD at 480p. If I can help you in anyway just ask and good luck.

David Kraus

Auditioning
Thanks for your reply Mike!
I am unsure which HD broadcasts I will be able to receive. I have not yet purchased an external antenna so that I can receive ABC, NBC, CBS. I live about 50 miles from Philadelphia and about 60 miles from NY so it remains to be seen whether I can receive the signals or not. Did you install your antenna yourself? Why is your antenna in your attic versus your roof? I really want to get this antenna thing solved so I know if I will be able to watch The Masters in HD or not...hehe.
Thanks!
David

Scott Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
I have the mits with a 710 for about a month now. I love it. I had an antenna company install a new antenna with a rooter so I can dial in the OTA broadcasts. I have never watched as much HBO since I have gotten it and also as said above I have watched 199 about 80 times also.
Usually the reason people install antennas in their attic is because of a home owner association deal. In your case I would do the rooter thing so you can pin point your HDTV locations. GO to http://www.antennaweb.org/antennaweb/ for the type of antenna you should get.
I love my pioneer. I am so happy with the performance of the TV and the Mitsubishi receiver box.
Have fun.
Also this web site is good for what's on HDTV http://www.hdtvgalaxy.com/broad.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks