Anyone using the new Mitsubishi SRHD500?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Kraus, Mar 19, 2001.

1. David Kraus

David Kraus Auditioning

Anyone experienced HD with thier Pioneer HDTV by using the new Mitsubishi SRHD500? I have been on a list to receive this new receiver/dish for over a year. I should be picking it up soon. I have considered over the last year to just pick up the Pioneer Elite HD receiver but my last check priced it at $2000.00 versus the Mits dish/receiver combo at $999.00.
    David Kraus

2. MikeRa

MikeRa Auditioning

I am currently using the Mits setup with the Pioneer 710. I am using a radio shack antenna in my attic which allows me to pickup a CBS,PBS,and ABC feed. There is of course the HD loop on Direct TV that I have seen somewhere close to 80 times. I was on the CBS website and noticed they will be broadcasting the Final 4 basketball games Saturday and the final game Monday in HDTV, while I am not a big B-ball fan I did invite a few friends over to enjoy the broadcast.( I'll use any excuse to have a few beers and eat chicken wings !)I do enjoy the Monday night line up on CBS and often flip back and forth from standard TV, CATV, and HDTV WOW what a difference. Setup was extremely simple, your 510 has 3 sets of progressive inputs (2 component and 1 RGB)the set will automatically detect the 1080i signal when using component, much like it does with my progressive DVD at 480p. If I can help you in anyway just ask and good luck.

3. David Kraus

David Kraus Auditioning

Thanks for your reply Mike!
    I am unsure which HD broadcasts I will be able to receive. I have not yet purchased an external antenna so that I can receive ABC, NBC, CBS. I live about 50 miles from Philadelphia and about 60 miles from NY so it remains to be seen whether I can receive the signals or not. Did you install your antenna yourself? Why is your antenna in your attic versus your roof? I really want to get this antenna thing solved so I know if I will be able to watch The Masters in HD or not...hehe.
    Thanks!
    David

4. Scott Gilbert

Scott Gilbert Stunt Coordinator

I have the mits with a 710 for about a month now. I love it. I had an antenna company install a new antenna with a rooter so I can dial in the OTA broadcasts. I have never watched as much HBO since I have gotten it and also as said above I have watched 199 about 80 times also.
    Usually the reason people install antennas in their attic is because of a home owner association deal. In your case I would do the rooter thing so you can pin point your HDTV locations. GO to http://www.antennaweb.org/antennaweb/ for the type of antenna you should get.
    I love my pioneer. I am so happy with the performance of the TV and the Mitsubishi receiver box.
    Have fun.
    Also this web site is good for what's on HDTV http://www.hdtvgalaxy.com/broad.html