What's new

Anyone using the H/K CDR20/30? (1 Viewer)

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Just picked up a CDR20 from HarmanAudio and I can't believe how good the CD play is on this machine. Haven't tried the record deck yet except for continuous two deck play but jeez the sound is very nice.

I always liked the audio from my JVC 70BK but now I'm a firm believer in separate CD players. Even though the CDR20 is a Player/Recorder the sound quality difference is certainly quite appreciable.

Anyone have one of these babies or had a similar epiphany?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Paul, I have a CDR 30, but I rarely use it as a CD player. I bought it primarily for dubbing CDs. That said, it is a good CD player, considering the price and the fact that it is a dual-deck recorder. I have not used the CDR 20, but I imagine is a capable player as well.

By the way, H/K is coming out with the CDR 26 to replace the CDR 20 (the CDR 30 was discontinued many months ago). I am not really sure how the CDR 26 differs from the CDR 20. In taking a quick glance at the description of the CDR 26 on crutchfield.com it looks just like the CDR 20. Perhaps H/K is just using new firmware.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Hi Keith,
Thanks for the response. I figured you might chime in here as it seems you've tried almost everything out there at one time or another. :D
Back when the CE775 was being discontinued I thought long and hard about getting into SACD as well as upgrading the CD play quality. But as I already had the 70BK for DVD-A I really needed a recorder as my computer recording has been limited to whole copies but no compilation. I have to say I'm impressed with the sound of these H/K CDR's. The 30 has HDCD but I already have that in my 510 receiver so the 20 was all I really needed. I'll have to check out the 26 and see what was changed.
Until the day I can justify the AH!, the CDR20 will just have to do. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks