Anyone using the Adcom GTP-830?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Danton, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Danton

Danton Extra

I was looking into this unit, it has all the latest features. When combined with an Adcom multichannel amp, I feel this would be a good HT system. Your thoughts? Any online dealers with good prices?

2. AndyHangartner

AndyHangartner Stunt Coordinator

I can tell whose got the good price and also an authorized dealer. Talk to Dan at Jeffssoundvalues. They have it for $750 new in the box the rest of this month. The new Adcom GFA7700 5 channel amp should also hit the shelves this month. The 830 does not include THX though, if you care. I also would like to get reponse in this area though because I am interested. The only thing I've read says it has a high noise floor. If thats true , might as well get the outlaw. Hope this helps. I'll put another post up for HT comparisons in pre/pros.
    andy

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I'd be interested in another comparison of the pre/pros. Right now, with the addition of my Parasound amp, I'm extremely happy, for the first time, with my master bedroom home theater. I've read though that the addition of a pre/pro might make as much, if not more, improvement in the sound. That truly would be unbelievable. Money is a consideration. I've already dumped $15 grand into the bedroom (money that I usually would have bought stocks with)this year. You have to figure that it really is about 25 grand in that I always allow my wife to buy something to equal things out (one Parasound amp = a new microwave and dishwasher, one new HDTV = new carpeting for the house, etc.) I keep hoping that Ubid or someplace similar starts selling Parasound or like pre/pros so I can get one at a bargain basement price. I'd like a clearer picture as to which pre/pro would be best, so that, when the opportunity presents itself, I'm ready to pounce.