Anyone using rogaine?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronNWilson, Oct 4, 2002.

1. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

I am 22 and am getting quite worried about frontal hairline thinning. I don't like the idea of having to take pills for the rest of my life but the thought of having no hairline by the time i'm 24 scares me even more [​IMG].

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Unfortunately Rogaine does not work for "receding hairline." It's supposedly only effective for thinning at the crown of the head (i.e. emerging bald spot in the back).

3. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    plus Rogaine it is a fluid that is applied directly to the scalp. You may be thinking of Propecia which is in pill form. I suggest you go to the Rogaine or Propecia website to determine if either of these would work for you. They both have diagrams that you can compare your own hairline to and see if you would benefit from the drug.
    Rogaine
    Propecia

4. Rain

Rain Producer

I have a friend who takes that propecia stuff. He swears his hair is getting thicker. I can't tell a difference, mind you he's quite a bit taller than me.

My hair has been thinning a bit over the last few years. No bald spots yet, fortunately. But if it comes to that, I'm just going to shave it.

5. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i am using a variant of rogaine. i dont remember the name from the top of my head, something like mixodil 5 percent.

i have used two bottles so far, and yes my hair got thicker, it is really noticeable. i want to kiss the person who invented it!!!

6. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

7. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

8. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Jon, I was just about to get angry because of your insensitivity to somebody's problem but then I realized the pun, intended or otherwise, in the statement. [​IMG]