What's new

Anyone using MusicMatch jukebox (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I find this program pretty complete for my needs. The tracks I rip using a Varible Bit Rate at 192 min and 100% sound nice. The Super Tagging is really a great feature also. Anyone Volume Level their Tracks? It can be annoying to have a song blare compared to another track but I usually just reach for the volume. In My Basement HT I'm using VirtualJukebox and it's nice for Parties and Such. What Programs are you using for MP3 Distribution

Camp

Senior HTF Member
SuperTagging is the ONLY reason I use MusicMatch. It's playback and file organization features pale in comparison to my player of choice, MediaCenter http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/.

The idea of volume leveling is great, however, in real world implementation it degrades the sound of your files. It represents a loss in sound quality I'm not willing to allow.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I've used MusicMatch for the last few years. I won't say it's better than anything else, but it works great for me . I organize all my music through the library feature, rip tracks (normally to .wav and then to .mp3 with WinLame) and even use it to make CD labels and covers. Those features aren't that great, but they do a better job of formatting any size picture to use for a label or insert than most other programs I've used.

It's a good program overall.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I've used music match for several years and it works great for me as an MP3 player. I especially like the supertagging feature, especially considering that when I first started ripping my CDs years ago I simply used the track names for the files names. Musicmatch makes it easy for me to quickly rename the files so they're easier to manage as I copy them to my Nomad Zen and my PDA.

That said, I don't use its organization features as I find it really doesn't make it easy to quickly find the music I'm looking for. I've yet to find one that works well and end up using PowerDesk to find the music I want and then load it into MusicMatch.

-greg

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Stopped using it, for the most part. The supertagging is good, but everything else (ripping and encoding, the interface, etc) just don't do it for me. I now use CDex for ripping/encoding and Winamp for playback.

Dave, at the risk of upsetting the apple cart here, I recommend downloading CDex and ripping a few VBR tracks and comparing them with the MM tracks you've made. I suspect you might find a difference. If you don't detect one, though, keep doing what you're doing.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I've been using MM for years also and thanks to this thread just found the Supertagging feature. Thanks guys! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.