Anyone using Minipod or U-vola or Gallo Nucleus?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RandyL, Sep 18, 2001.

1. RandyL

RandyL Agent

Looking for stylish, small speakers for the right, left, and center speakers. The room is only 12 x 14. Nothing boxy or boring, must be unique, stylish, etc. We like the Gallo Nucleus, Minipod, etc.
    Are they any good for center/right/left? (I will be using 2 10" subwoofers so lots of low end isn't the biggest issue - looks and clear sound is!)

2. RandyL

RandyL Agent

3. RandyL

RandyL Agent

Back to the top!

4. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

I've tried the Blue Minipods and the eye-ball Gallo (don't remember the model number). Really hate the Gallos but love the Minipods.
    They are too expen$ive for me, though and regardless of price, for the quality, I'll stick with my 8 pairs of PSB Alphas.
    Just my 2 cents

5. RandyL

RandyL Agent

Are the minipods good enough for a small HT? Like I said, I'm adding subs so I just want clean highs and mids.

6. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

How small is small and how louod do you want them to be? What kind of amplification are you going to be using?
    They have a very sweet sound, great for music (IMHO), but very dishonest, kinda like the B&W monitors. I like honest GIGO sounding speakers, therefore even if I have the money, I won't spend it on them. But again, it's only IMHO.

7. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

I was just reading the newest Home Theater mag and Gallo had an add for the Bravo speakers. Looked really neat. Looked like 2 spheres spearated by their "super tweeter".
    The best reference that I could find on the web was here: http://www.goodsound.com/features/2001_06_01.htm
    At $500 each, this might be a little much for my bedroom system. I'll just probably stick with the Nucleus, but these will probably be worth a listen.
    Aaron