What's new

Anyone using Minipod or U-vola or Gallo Nucleus? (1 Viewer)

RandyL

Agent
Looking for stylish, small speakers for the right, left, and center speakers. The room is only 12 x 14. Nothing boxy or boring, must be unique, stylish, etc. We like the Gallo Nucleus, Minipod, etc.
Are they any good for center/right/left? (I will be using 2 10" subwoofers so lots of low end isn't the biggest issue - looks and clear sound is!)

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I've tried the Blue Minipods and the eye-ball Gallo (don't remember the model number). Really hate the Gallos but love the Minipods.
They are too expen$ive for me, though and regardless of price, for the quality, I'll stick with my 8 pairs of PSB Alphas.
Just my 2 cents

RandyL

Agent
Are the minipods good enough for a small HT? Like I said, I'm adding subs so I just want clean highs and mids.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
How small is small and how louod do you want them to be? What kind of amplification are you going to be using?
They have a very sweet sound, great for music (IMHO), but very dishonest, kinda like the B&W monitors. I like honest GIGO sounding speakers, therefore even if I have the money, I won't spend it on them. But again, it's only IMHO.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
I was just reading the newest Home Theater mag and Gallo had an add for the Bravo speakers. Looked really neat. Looked like 2 spheres spearated by their "super tweeter".
The best reference that I could find on the web was here: http://www.goodsound.com/features/2001_06_01.htm
At $500 each, this might be a little much for my bedroom system. I'll just probably stick with the Nucleus, but these will probably be worth a listen.
Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks