What's new

Anyone using a Tech Craft stand? (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Any opinions if you own one of these stands? How's the construction, cable access, etc? I need a new stand for my Wega and I've narrowed it down to a Tech Craft stand (don't like the Sony stands) and Sauder model (by default---I've been buying their furniture for years.) Guess the thing I like about the Sauder stands is that they have more than one shelf for A/V components. I'd appreciate any advice you'd have on the Tech Craft ones or even the Sauder furniture.
Time is of the essence. Just found out my 165 pound Wega is being supported by a stand rated only for 135 pounds. Yikes!
eek.gif

patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
PC.THC.VR50.JPG
I just got a Tech Craft component rack similar to the one on the right & I really like it.
It's sturdy & sleek-looking. The black cardboard support in the back has a large cut-out for access to the backs of components. I assume their TV stands would be built the same way.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thumbs up to TechCraft.
I am using their TV stand to support my RPTV and their audio rack for the components - CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY SIG FOR PICS.
Solid construction, easy to assemble/disassemble and they look nice. People always comment on how much they like the stands in my setup.
Greg
------------------
Link Removed

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
We have a brand new 36 inch Wega on the way and we've just built the Tech Craft stand for it.
The stand is very solidly built and well designed and it definitely looks good. :)
I would highly recommend one if you're getting a Wega. As they are made to hold them.
There's even a bar that screws into the back of the stand that will help keep the T.V.
from flipping over forward (Wega's are quite front heavy).
I have a question for you Wega owners with matching Tech Craft stands. There are these
two black plastic parts that look kind of like thimbles with holes through the tops of them.
The manual says to screw these right into the flat top of the Tech Craft stand, this is
right where the Wega will be sitting on the stand. But in order for the Wega to sit level
on the stand there would have to be two holes or recesses on the bottom of the Wega T.V.
right where these two plastic cones are screwed into the stand's top.
Is this the case with a 36 inch Wega (FV27)? Are there two holes or recesses on the bottom
of the Wega that exactly match these plastic cones so the T.V. will sit flat on the stand?
Thanks for any help you can provide? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks