What's new

Anyone used the "Subwoofer Optimizer System"? (1 Viewer)

Neal_C

Second Unit
Just wondering if anyone owns or has used this:

SOS

It got a pretty good review in the December 03 Stereophile Guide to Home Theater.

Its a little more than double the price of the Behringer Destroyer, but I'm just not sure I have the time to setup the BFD.

The reason I am looking for an equalizer is to try and smooth out some serious humps caused by my room (+15db or so).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Neal

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I read the review and though, big deal, its an automatic RABOS system. IIRC, the device in question is a single band parametric, which will, in theory, take down the worst peak in your room.

A BFD (or many other EQs) will allow you to flatten the FR of you sub across the board.

While there are certainly advantages to this approach versus doing nothing, you will have a lot more capability with a BFD or other types of sub EQ.

And at $300, you could buy three BFDs.

BGL

Neal_C

Second Unit
Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Looking back at the article, you are right, it is just a single band.

I guess I may have to get the BFD and just spend some time with it. Be nice to have an automatic equalizer in the sub $300 range that could flatten things all across the board.

Thanks again,

Neal

PS...If anyone has any other commments, feel free to post them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks