What's new

Anyone use Titebond III yet? (1 Viewer)

Nick Hallett

Agent
Supposedly it has the strength and water resistance of poly glues, but without the foaming and pain in the ass cleanup. Sounds like cool stuff. Wondering if anyone has any input on it yet?

Nick Hallett

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
My suppliers don't have it yet. I don't think it has the gap filling properties of poly glue tho. Water proof vs water resistance is a plus for some applications, tho.

Pete

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Allen:

I've got a friend that builds and sells speakers (somehow we wound up on the same floor of the same residence hall and we've been great friends ever since) and he built a pair of subs based on that same MCM 10" driver. He decided to pair them up with the MCM 100w amp. They are something to see with their 9-pound magnet structure and even with the 100 watts they still pound. It only took 4 weeks to sell them with very minimal word-of-mouth marketing. They were paired up with two of the MCM passive radiators. He sold both of them to the same guy along with a pair of time-aligned monitors with the MCM 6" inverted dome woofer and aluminum dome tweeter. Quite a sweet sounding setup...the guy he sold the subs and speakers to lives down my hall and I can hear them outside the room with the closed door when I am down at that end of the hallway.

Back on topic: Titebond II was good stuff when I used it. My subwoofer will stay together for years. The foam surrounds on my passive radiators will rot out before I have to re-glue anything on my box. Excellent, excellent stuff.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
I got Public Safety (UMO Police) to come to my room, I had my window open and people were complaining in the dorm 200 feet across the quad, that it was too loud. Granted no one on my wing/door complained, you could clearly hear it everywhere with all doors shut. I turned it down, and laughed for a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks