What's new

Anyone use the TAN-9000es amp like this? (1 Viewer)

Robert Posey

Agent
I have a Sony a/v receiver STR-DA777es (120 x 5). All 5 of my HT speakers are bi-amp capable (paradigm studio 100 v3 front - cc470 v3 center - studio 40 v3 rears). Could I purchase the TAN-9000es amp (5 x 115) and use it to power the woofers while I use the 777es to power the upper end?

Paradigm advises to use the same size & type of amp for both upper & lower frequencies. Are these two amps close enough (spec. wise) to each other to do this? Both are parallel push - pull design amps with dual output transistors for each output.

Thanks,
Robert

JackS

Supporting Actor
Robert- I don't think this is possible. Once an external amp is connected, the 777's own amps are no longer available. This would be true with most receivers and I think to bi-amp you will have to aquire enough external stand alone amperage to accomplish this. Good luck in your quest. Jack

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
if you have a hard time matching the channels you might want to run the TAE in the 2BTL+1 mode running the L & R on the BTL and Biamping the center and using the 777 with the +1 mode on the center
g

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks