Anyone use the Sound & Vision calibration disc?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jim Mcc, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I have the X1 projector and a HD sat. receiver hooked up to VGA/component adapter of X1, and my DVD player hooked up to S-video/component adapter of X1. How do I calibrate the sat. receiver, or will it be the same as the other input? Can anyone explain how to do the contrast settings with the S&V disc, the instructions don't make sense to me? Do I set contrast so the top box and second box blend together? The narrator talks about "blooming", but I don't know what he is saying to do. Thanks for any advice.

2. Randy C Sr

Randy C Sr Stunt Coordinator

I used that setup disc. If I remember right when you are doing the contrast and brightness isn't there a vertical bar moving side to side. You want to adjust it so it seems to fade away. The blooming they are talking about is when a bright color like red or yellow sort of blurs (jumps out) at you. Instead of having a defined line where the colored object ends it sort of bleeds into whatever is beside it.

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Thanks Randy. The test you are describing(2 moving bars side to side) is for brightness, and that is no problem. The contrast setting is the one I need help with. There are a series of boxes on top of each other in shades of gray. This is where he talks about "blooming", but I don't know what the hell he's talking about, so I need help. Anybody know about this? Also, since I'm using a different input for DVD and satellite, do I need to calibrate them separately? Thanks.