Anyone use the New Scrubbing Bubbles© automatic shower cleaner yet?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by todbnla, May 2, 2006.

1. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
  2. Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr Screenwriter

MichaelK
    This seems like these pump sprays that you use after you take a shower that are supposed to break down soap and scum buildup. Then the next day when you shower everything is supposed to wash away. I've tried those sprays and think they're just a bunch of nonsense. The shower doesn't look or feel really clean until I get out the aerosol bathroom cleaner and clean it with a sponge and scrub brush.

3. Jim_F

Jim_F Screenwriter

The mechanism looks kinda cool, but I don't think I'd pay much of a premium for it. I love the showers sprays. Maybe I shouldn't brag about this too much, but I haven't cleaned the tile in my shower for 7 years. The grout is clean white and the tile GLEAMS. I use the Tilex Clean Shower product, but I don't know that one is any better than the next.

4. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

I found that new product interesting, but I doubt I'll spend the money on it. I'm with Jim on the sprays though. As long as you start with a clean shower and then start using the sprays you very, very rarely have to clean the shower.

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

That's funny, because I'm with Michael on those sprays. I've tried 'em and they don't seem to do anything.

I haven't seen or heard ads for the product...but I went to Todd's link (BTW, happy late birthday, Todd! I saw your name in the list the other day!) and it looks like this is the lazy man's approach to using those sprays...which already seems like the lazy man's approach to cleaning the tub-area! [​IMG]

6. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

How much is this in the stores, look interesting to me.

7. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Clorox with Teflon is the holy grail of bathroom cleaners. My toilet stays shiny & clean for three weeks before I have to clean it again thanks to the Teflon coating.

8. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    I saw that at Lowes and was wondering if it is as thorough as spraying manually. It seems it might be more wasteful too, as more spray would have to be used in all directions to ensure a uniform coating of spray.

Before we used daily shower spray, we had to clean our shower every other week. With a daily shower spray, I have to clean it about twice a year.

9. AlyssaAnders

AlyssaAnders Extra

I couldn't agree more, this stuff is like magic cleaner, it works sooooo good. And I hate scrubbing the toilets lol. I also use it with the new disposable wand and it makes it a snap.

10. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

Hey, don't knock lazy men. They're responsible for 80%* of what we call human progress. Most inventions were the result of some poor bastard knocking himself out doing some annoying task and finally saying, "There's got to be a better way to do this!"

Regards,

Joe

* The remaining 20% of Human Progress breaks down as follows:

10% Is the result of men trying to impress women to get sex
    5% Is the result of men trying to appease women so they won't withhold sex
    5% Is the result of women trying to fix something some man started and hopelessly screwed up - after the man in question has fallen asleep immediately following sex

11. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I admit it. I bought one. I use it. I don't see much difference. And the refill is expensive ($3.99), compared to a bottle of hand spray stuff ($1.99). So, after I'm done with the supplied bottle, I'm going to refill it with the cheaper stuff.

It does smell good, though.