What's new

Anyone use the Game Dr on their scratched DVDs? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
I just got one today because my Terminator 2 ultimate edition 2 sided disc(I got it caught in the player tray), Trainspotting(cousin scratched it up while drunk), Me Myself and Irene(used from from rental store), and Rush Hour 2(used from store) were scratched. It seemed to fix the scratches and clean the diiscs real well. So does anyone else use it or have used it, and what are your experiences and opinions?

Chris M

Second Unit
The last time I saw it used it really made a mess of the disc, but the disc was playable. Weird.

Chris.

StephenA

Screenwriter
My discs weren't really messed up by it. I can definately say they look a whole lot better now, than they did all scratched up.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
These things make a weird pattern on the surface of the disc, but supposedly do get rid of any scratches that affect playback- I got one to fix a disc that turned out to have some other problem that I ended up replacing- it played fine the first time but not after that.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
The last time I saw it used it really made a mess of the disc, but the disc was playable. Weird.
Yeah, the game doctor does scratch up the disc, but it actually fixes the disc. If you look at the disc perpendicularly to the data side, like how a CD/DVD laser would, you'd see that it looks like it was scratch free.

I dont have a game doctor, but a friend told me this...

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
The thing with it is, of course, that it removes material from the disc. I think this would be obvious, but just in case... You would never use this just for fun, never to get rid of some small scratches that you noticed on the disc. You would never use this unless the disc wasn't playable anymore. If the disc isn't playable, then you got nothing to lose. If it is still playable, though, and you take some material off it, then if it happens later that you should really need this, there might not be enough left to take off...

So it's a "I've got nothing to lose" solution. If you try it and it doesn't help, then you're no worse off than you were before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks