What's new

Anyone use the AR Master Series S-video? (1 Viewer)

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
I just picked up a AR Master Series S-video cable. It has a ferrite core built in but I am unsure which end goes where as there are no arrows on the cable. If anyone with this cable has an answer I'd appreciate it.
Specs for S-video:
MS 220 3 feet
AR® exclusive FNT™ technology(Ferrite Core?) provides the most comprehensive, advanced noise suppression for greatly improved picture definition.
Frequency-corrected multi-fine stranded silver-coated >99.99% pure oxygen-free copper conductors deliver optimum high-frequency signal transfer.
Teflon® insulation provides the lowest dielectric absorption with low constants for hightest signal integrity performance, purity and accuracy.
Precision-machined 24k gold-plated S-video connectors for superior fit and signal transfer.
Six layers of shielding: three 100% overlapped Mylar® foils for maximum RFI isolation and three copper braids for maximum EMI isolation.

Kevin

Lee Petty

Stunt Coordinator
i dont have that cable, but i would think that if it has nothing to indicate which end goes out, it will work fine both ways. you can always email AR and ask them.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Talked to AR and they said it isn't directional so either way is fine. But wouldn't it be better to have the ferrite core end nearest to TV to remove any intereference just before it enters the tv?

Kevin

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
as i answered in this thread in the "tweaking, connections and accessories" area, and for the reason you surmise in your post above, the end with the ferrite core (or bead) should plug into the tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks