Anyone use Novel Groupwise for email?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by JoanPablo_T, Jun 15, 2005.

1. JoanPablo_T

JoanPablo_T Stunt Coordinator

Well, whenever I reply to someone outside of my company, the original message never gets attached. Anyone know how to fix this?

thanks

jp

2. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

hmmm... this is usually controlled by the client software (i.e. - Outlook is usually the client for MS Exchange).

What type of client are you using on your workstation ? There should be some tool for setting various options. In this tool may be the configuration settings for "reply" messages.

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Friggin' virus proof. Gotta love it. Sorry I can't answer your question. Doesn't Novell have tech support any more?

4. JoanPablo_T

JoanPablo_T Stunt Coordinator

sorry i never replied. We only have 1 fraking person in the ocmpany that does Novell support. I will talk to him on monday. thanks!

5. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Three possibilities:

1) It is a client setting. Go to "help" and check entries on "reply" and "attachment"

2) The attachments are being stripped off at the mail server, probably a security setting.

3) If all the outside people you've had this problem with work for the same outside problem, it could be their e-mail server that is stripping the messages.

For (1), go to "Help" and search for "attachment" and "reply" and see what settings are available for those funcitons.

You should be able to quote the original message within the reply, as opposed to making it an attachment. The help file should explain how to do this.

For (2) you'll need to check with your network admin, and for (3) with your correspondents. (Who might have to check with their own network admins in turn.)

Regards,

Joe

6. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    P.S.

You might get more help by having one of the mods move this thread to the "Computer and HTPC" area, rather than here in "After Hours".

Joe

7. Bob Friend

Bob Friend Stunt Coordinator

Haven't used it in a few years (5.5 with the Enhancement Pack), but when you hit reply, a box would pop up (asking if you wanted to reply or reply to all) and there was a check box in the lower left corner that said include original message or something to that effect.