Anyone use Maxim hair color (for men)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarkHastings, Oct 21, 2003.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Does anyone color their hair? If so, have you tried the Maxim color?
    http://www.maximonline.com/jfm/

I just tried the "Sandstorm" All Over Color and I have some issues. My hair seems to be really dry. I've used all different kinds of color before and nothing has been this bad. I've even used the straight powdered bleach (that made my hair bright blonde), but this is crazy.

Everytime I wash my hair, it feels like sandpaper. It's really gross. I've used tons of conditioner and it still feels like dried paint in my hair. After I towel dry it, it isn't as bad (i.e. There is some shine and silkiness to it), it's really just when I'm washing it is when it feels really bad. At least the other products I've used have left my hair silky even though I've bleached it.

The thing that sucks is, it looks awesome! This is the best color I've used so far, even this makeup artist I know says it looks the best.

Has anyone else run into this? I can't imagine I did anything wrong because it came out great...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I color my hair with Féria (specifically, The Power Reds line, Ruby Rush). They have the biggest selection of colors, double highlights and the boxed-in conditioner is the best I've ever used. Just cause you're a guy, doesn't mean you have to use a guy's haircolor! Féria makes a great bleach blonding kit.

You might want to pop into your neighborhood Sally Beauty Supply and ask them what they suggest to fix your hair damage.

3. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

4. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

I don't know if this means anything or not but Ive seen the Maxim color for men on the clearance isle at 2 of my stores in town.
    I used to use girl stuff and it worked fine.

5. MarkHastings

6. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Hmmm.. while we're on the subject, any recommendations for a greying beard? The only product I'm aware of is "Just For Men" or whatever it's called. I've got a REALLY nice patch of grey on one side of my chin...

On the main topic, I haven't colored my hair for years. I have dark brown hair... I *used* to do red highlights, as there is a considerable amount of red in my beard... so it worked nice. [​IMG] But when I *DID* color my hair, I used Loreal.

Hmmm.. maybe I should do a color job again. Got this grey on my temples too...

7. MarkHastings

Tony, The main reason why I colored my hair was because my goatee isn't the same color as my hair. My hair is a very dark brown and my goatee comes in with red and blonde hilites. I get this from my German father who has jet black hair, but grows a red mustache.

I HATE the color difference, it looks so unatural. Everytime I dye my hair, people always say "Oh! And you dyed your bread as well!?" And then I have to tell them that my beard is natural. They are always shocked. [​IMG] I tell them that I have to color my hair to match my goatee (and I do say I've gotten a lot of compliments on how cloe a match I get the coloring, but I've also heard the "Why don't you color your goatee to match your hair?"

There really aren't many choices when it comes to beard coloring. I also don't know if I like that coloring near my mouth. It's just seems safer to lighten my hair. Plus, I like the lighter hair look anyway.

8. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

9. MarkHastings

10. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

11. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

12. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer