What's new

Anyone use Dynaudio speakers in HT? (1 Viewer)

mjcmt

Agent
Real Name
Mike
Dynaudio is know for their speakers in the audiophile arena. I have Dynaudio Emit 10 monitor that are fantastic for $800.

I'm thinking of adding their $800 Emit 25c center speaker for a 3.0 TV system using a Yamaha rxv681 avr in our townhome. They're a little power hungry at 86db @6 ohms but not too bad. The receiver does fine w/ the Emits in a 2.0 system but sometimes dialogue can be hard to understand, hence the thought of their center speaker.

Anyone w/ Dynaudio experience with home theaters?

Thank you kindly,
Mike

Here are my Emit 10s on Target Audio stands:
MT1_5681.jpeg

Old Dog

Agent
Real Name
Martyn
I only started a few years ago with HT having been a HiFi fan for way too many years. I have never owned a pair of Dynaudio speakers but, from everything I have heard, hold them in high regard. I am sure they will be fine. Over the years one tends to accumulate items and have been able to "try" various "audiophile" speakers in my HT system and have achieved some very good results, with a bit of tweaking on occasion. I prefer to have a centre speaker, but found this doesn't always gurantee extra clarity by itself. Ultimately, the biggest increase in clarity for me came when adding an external amplifier(s) to power the centre (and fronts), using a Denon receiver mind not a Yamaha.
Like the valves by the way. My choice for audio amplification too. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fuckmachines
Recent bookmarks